Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum. I want to turbo my stock k20a ek but I'm on a budget. I have no internals wutsoever.So I wanted to see if anyone tried the street demon kit from ebay. You know the $1000 dollar kit it comes with everything but injectors. If anyone has any info on this kit then please let me know. Thanks. Oh and I don't have much faith in forums because some people talk shit so please if u have nothin informative to say just don't say anything.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I am new to this forum. I want to turbo my stock k20a ek but I'm on a budget. I have no internals wutsoever.So I wanted to see if anyone tried the street demon kit from ebay. You know the $1000 dollar kit it comes with everything but injectors. If anyone has any info on this kit then please let me know. Thanks. Oh and I don't have much faith in forums because some people talk shit so please if u have nothin informative to say just don't say anything.
Stay away form Ebay turbo kits.

Its going to cost you some money if you want to turbo your car the right way.

I also have a stock motor and with all the supporting mods & turbo kit I have over $10-12k into the turbo setup and that is at my price. Most people end up spending more than that for the same setup I have and I installed everything myself so there is no labor included in the $10-12k

don't cheap out because it won't run worth a shit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stay away form Ebay turbo kits.

Its going to cost you some money if you want to turbo your car the right way.

I also have a stock motor and with all the supporting mods & turbo kit I have over $10-12k into the turbo setup and that is at my price. Most people end up spending more than that for the same setup I have and I installed everything myself so there is no labor included in the $10-12k

don't cheap out because it won't run worth a shit.
mmmmm thanks. wut do u mean supporting mods? cuz honestly i dont have 10k-12k lol. :eek: oh and dude u just scared me now im thinking hmmmm maybe N/A lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
mmmmm thanks. wut do u mean supporting mods? cuz honestly i dont have 10k-12k lol. :eek: oh and dude u just scared me now im thinking hmmmm maybe N/A lol
you are going to need kpro, a good clutch, larger injectors, fuel pump, rising rate fuel pressure regulator, inline fuel filter, fuel rail, 3" exhaust, mounts, turbo kit, 3" exhaust, upgraded map sensor, boost controller, etc. The list isn't short at all. If you want, you can look at my build thread and see my parts list to give you an idea of what you are going to need.

A decent turbo kit is going to cost you at least $3500 as well.

·
Registered
962 Posts
here, to give you a bit of an idea, here is the mod list for my turbo setup and its supporting mods, its just a copy & paste from my build thread:

06' Acura RSX Type-S

Peakboost Turbo kit
T3/44 Sidemount stainless steel Turbo Manifold (Coated by HPC)
44mm Dumptube (Coated by HPC)
3' Stainless 2 pc downpipe w v-band (Coated by HPC)
Garrett GT3076 turbo (.82 AR, .60trim, S-cover)(Exhaust housing Coated by HPC)
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Tial 50mm Blow off valve
PWR 6' x 23.5' x 3' vertical flow intercooler core(total height is 12') (anodized black)
2.5' Aluminum chargepipe kit with PWR Silicon Couplers & t-bolt clamps (Piping powder coated black)
Steel braided oil/feed return lines
All installation hardware, gaskets, & heatwrap
K&N Intake filter

Besides these parts that came with the kit I am running the following:

-Hondata Kpro EMS
-GM 3bar map sensor
-GM boost control solenoid
-Peakboost Vac Block
-Billet battery tray
-Odyssey battery (model # PC680MJ)
-Innovative Motor Mounts
-CC stage 4 clutch
-Oil sandwich plate adapter
-hondata intake manifold gasket
-Thermal 3' exhaust
-NKG BKR9EIX plugs
-Walbro intank pump
-AEM fuel rail
-Aeromotive FPR
-RC 750cc injectors
--8an stainless fuel feed lines & -6an return lines all with Earls & Russel fittings
-Aeromotive 10 micron inline fuel filter
-RBC intake manifold
-P2R RBC adapter

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here, to give you a bit of an idea, here is the mod list for my turbo setup and its supporting mods, its just a copy & paste from my build thread:
well when i said my k was stock internally, i meant it. i have all the fuel upgrades other then the injectors. no 3 inch exsaust tho:cry:...... i have a stage 3 clutch masters disc, pressure plate and flywheel. Even the BDL 70 mm TB but sadly no RBC. And a super sweet Rcrew header which wont help at all with a turbo setup. But ofcourse i do have the almighty Kpro:worship: so all i really need is the turbo set up and a good tune from Churches. but now im low on cash having a K kinda hurts ur wallet im sure u know wut i mean....well u might not u might have a way better income then me lol.

·
Registered
962 Posts
well when i said my k was stock internally, i meant it. i have all the fuel upgrades other then the injectors. no 3 inch exsaust tho:cry:...... i have a stage 3 clutch masters disc, pressure plate and flywheel. Even the BDL 70 mm TB but sadly no RBC. And a super sweet Rcrew header which wont help at all with a turbo setup. But ofcourse i do have the almighty Kpro:worship: so all i really need is the turbo set up and a good tune from Churches. but now im low on cash having a K kinda hurts ur wallet im sure u know wut i mean....well u might not u might have a way better income then me lol.
Oh, I know what you mean. This shit broke my bank account for sure. It was something that was built up over the course of 2 years. I ran NA for a long time even after I bought the turbo setup. Hell, its still breaking my bank account. It ate a tranny today so now I have to get another tranny and install it. Between parts and a new clutch I am going to have to take another grand out of my pocket.

I am also a grad student, work 3 jobs to make ends meet. Its not like I have a shit load of money to dump into this thing. Its gets way to pricey at times.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, I know what you mean. This shit broke my bank account for sure. It was something that was built up over the course of 2 years. I ran NA for a long time even after I bought the turbo setup. Hell, its still breaking my bank account. It ate a tranny today so now I have to get another tranny and install it. Between parts and a new clutch I am going to have to take another grand out of my pocket.

I am also a grad student, work 3 jobs to make ends meet. Its not like I have a shit load of money to dump into this thing. Its gets way to pricey at times.
hell f-ing yes but you know its pretty sweet beating all these muscle and awd 4 bangers out there in a honda lol. theyll never look at our crs the same. and isnt that wut we want?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.