Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Lol wow :thud: Kpro is a MUST no matter what you do and they're not even close to a $1000 anymore.

OP prob doesn't even have this anymore, he hasn't been on here since this thread. Don't know why I'm even going on about this lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
it's tru I got a 02-04 type s an I put a 05 type s sway in my boys eg an his car was had a lil more pep so I went an got my shit tuned an fixed thàt problem immediately

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't listen to these guys, there being a bunch of pig headed assholes, seriously I can't stand people who knock on a motor with less power claiming your slow and it's not worth the money to build an LS or an A3 and what not. I built my previous A3 and pissed all over Type S's. Gain some knowledge before you master mechanic wannabe's and pit crew veteran wannabe's start crapping all over someone's hopes and dreams. I was in the same boat as you dude, I picked up my RSX for a good price with good miles. Sure it wasn't a overrated Type S, but it was good enough for me to work on. Let's put it this way, after dropping a custom intake in that I made with lots of R&D, swapping an RRC intake manifold in my A3 was leaving Type's motors in the dust. I never spent the money to dyno it, but I'd make an assumption that it was in the 180hp range. BTW that was also with stock exhaust, I recently designed my own test pipe that I'm in the process of welding up, I bought a buddyclub pro spec exhaust with the assumption that it should fit which it didnt so i had to weld up and adapter to make it fit, bottom line is do what you want, motors with the amount of money that normal people have is limited and will never be a high hp engine. Unless you decide to drop 20 grand under your hood will you reach high hp numbers. Until then do what you want, build your A3. I love it now when I'm at a meet or a stop light and some guys start asking me "aye that a Type S?" I love saying no because then they say lets race because I know they think it's slow now even though the hp difference between a Base and a Type S are pretty minute.
🆙
This is absolutely correct, more air intake, and more exhaust output. A new intake manifold, and reprogramming. Something simple like a 2.0L block Wesico Pistons. Loosen the crank the pistons push the racing mains in with a needle nose pair of plyers to lessen to chance of errors and yes take time. Because just between boring, sleeves rings. A good BorgWarner Turbo. Overdrive, Nitro kit, dropping the oil pump. And just loving it. Parts alone run 5,000.00. Machining another 1,500.00 and of course the tools that run another 2,500 to do the work. Don't spend money one the engine. It doesn't matter if it runs when you get it. It will when your are done. It is the end product that matters. A basic 2.0L. runs 197 HP with nothing. Put it on an engine rack. Put a shield over your ignition system so if the highway patrol opens your hood they can not see the high performance coils, wires and plugs. (Keeps it from being confiscated.) I prefer working with two engines. Alternating one on the engine rack at a time. It is a fun hobby. This does not include a performance transmission. But look at this side. If you have a mechanic put a standard Honda replacement engine in your car it might even cost more. But it is definitely not the same engine a mechanic would put in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
whats up k20.. i have a 2002 rsx base with all the basic bolt ons... headers, exhaust, and intake....i want to be able to get to 200 whp... i was thinking of changing the camshafts because i heard many things about this....

i need to know how i would do this and what exactly i would need so i dont mess it up.. also im going all motor so no turbo, supercharger, or nos... lol
Don't listen to these guys, there being a bunch of pig headed assholes, seriously I can't stand people who knock on a motor with less power claiming your slow and it's not worth the money to build an LS or an A3 and what not. I built my previous A3 and pissed all over Type S's. Gain some knowledge before you master mechanic wannabe's and pit crew veteran wannabe's start crapping all over someone's hopes and dreams. I was in the same boat as you dude, I picked up my RSX for a good price with good miles. Sure it wasn't a overrated Type S, but it was good enough for me to work on. Let's put it this way, after dropping a custom intake in that I made with lots of R&D, swapping an RRC intake manifold in my A3 was leaving Type's motors in the dust. I never spent the money to dyno it, but I'd make an assumption that it was in the 180hp range. BTW that was also with stock exhaust, I recently designed my own test pipe that I'm in the process of welding up, I bought a buddyclub pro spec exhaust with the assumption that it should fit which it didnt so i had to weld up and adapter to make it fit, bottom line is do what you want, motors with the amount of money that normal people have is limited and will never be a high hp engine. Unless you decide to drop 20 grand under your hood will you reach high hp numbers. Until then do what you want, build your A3. I love it now when I'm at a meet or a stop light and some guys start asking me "aye that a Type S?" I love saying no because then they say lets race because I know they think it's slow now even though the hp difference between a Base and a Type S are pretty minute.
🆙
that’s thing I was waiting to read it good job bro I love A3 if it wasn’t good enough they won’t put it in another car which is sir 2005

21 - 32 of 32 Posts