Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
uti (costs a lot of money) but you can still get some good knowledge out of it.
we dynod it today and i was wrong on the hp figures, its like 160 hp at 3250 rpm and 190hp at peek, but its only at 8 psi, if you raise that up to like 10 you can make the power that i was talking about before.

·
Registered
233 Posts
yea i dont know if i should go up to mass to do the Benz program or just stay in pa and do the ford fact. I passed the tests for the bmw msats so i am just waiting on the interview now to see if they like me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Signalpuke explain it all down already. A3 is not a bad motor for daily its just like Signalpuke said, A3 is weaker all around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all I'm rather new but I own a 2003 Acura RSX (base). I purchased a K20A motor and 6 speed manual transmission from a Type S purchased 440cc injectors got all the appropriate wiring harnesses and Hondata K-pro. I performed the swap tore out the old non-essential wiring and hooked up hondata I'm stuck at the tuning issue so far I'm able to start the vehicle and it idles but it idles at around 2200 to 1500 RPM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No its not throwing any codes andthe idle doesn't loop it just isles at 1500 or 2200 or somewhere in between it just stays constant

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I believe the K20A has slightly higher compression pistons and slightly more aggressive camshafts than the K20A2.
Yep higher compression pistons and more aggressive cams than the 02-04 K20a2 but the same cams as the 05-06 RSX K20z1.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am trying to educate myself on the K20 series motors.I currently have a 2007 Honda Accord 2.4L Sedan EX witha K24A8 engine. My ultimate goal is to replace the air intake with a K&N Model 69-1209TS and to possibly find a turbo for it as well. I am a super UBER noob when it comes to engines. :scared:

I do want to learn more though and any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys. Anyone knows about synchro interchangeability of 3-4 gears?
Can I used hub, sleeve, synchros set from FN2 into DC5 ITR (y2m3) gearbox?
I talking about part # 23623-PNS-336 - can it be used for ITR ?

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
The gears and synchros are interchangeable as sets/packs. There are double cone and triple cone synchros which are designed for different gear types however which you shouldn't mix. Early K series Trans used triple cone moreso so be mindful of that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I identify by looking at synchros their type(triple\double cone) ?
For example its my bad 3th gear synchro. I want to buy hub\sleeve\synchro 3-4 set.
If new synchros are same type as old ones - I'm just buying them.
If no I should plus 2 gears for 3th - is it true?
And if gears are different they may require some other stuff like another spacers, washers?
Omg it is so confusing..

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Lol it can be. Yeah you can identify by looking. Triple cones have 3 teeth equidistant on one of the three synchro rings which line up with slots on the actual gear. Doubles don't have teeth, but the cone surface on the gear is a larger diameter

21 - 40 of 42 Posts