Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i recently put a k20a2 into my 92 civic hb si......i have a couple concerns about the dc tsx headers i put on.....1..the rack/pinnion has the power steering pump on it since its an si....so because of this the tranny is extremely close to the rack....also the headers are about an inch off the ground....i don't know if they are supposed to run so low... my main concerns are whether the tranny can get damaged and or the headers or head because of the clearance issues.....if any1 has run into similar problems i'd appreciate some suggestions...thank you

·
Registered
414 Posts
Your car must be extremely low for these kind of clearance issues.The rack problem is common with hasport mounts and powersteering racks.This wont cause a problem...the engine twists forward,not back..so the engine wont knock and the mounts are solid enough to resist most motion.

The downpipe clearance problem must be because of the ride height of the car.I've done a few swaps,most have used a dc sport tsx header,and have had about 3" of downpipe to ground clearance.The downpipe is usually about 1/4" lower than the oil pan.All of these cars have been dropped no less than 2".

·
Registered
414 Posts
Dont know if it works using the hasport mounts.I have only mocked up a k20a2 into the bay of a crx using custom solid mounts...about a year ago..with those,there was not enough clearance for any sort of header on the market.
I'm sure Brian G. or Hybrid (maybe pacman) can chime in though and give you a little more insight.It doesnt look that it will work though.Rear crossmember destroys clearance.

·
Registered
254 Posts
if you have a drop of 1.5 you'll be ok
the hybrid mount kit i use have no ground issue at all, it lines up perfectly with the oil pan and no way it will hit the header. line up just like a b-series

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.