Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
transmission problem. car wont change gears when started

About a week ago i changed the oil seal and reinstalled the axle for the drivers side. Now today i go and try to start up my car after finishing up my loose ends to the car and now it will not go into any gears. When the car is turned off im allowed to change into any gear including reverse. I checked the slave cylinder and there is movement when the pedal is applied. Also when trying to change gears the car sounds like its about to stall out and drop to roughly low 600's in rpm's. im going to re-bleed the lines tomorrow just to double check them. also i was told by a friend to start the car in first and see if it moves, dont know if its safe to do or not, but it did in fact move forward.

any help and pointers will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
its safe to do as long as there is nothing in front of you , haha. id say its a clutch issue for sure buddy , one way or the other.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so me and a friend tried to bleed the lines and still cant get the into gear when on. we tried when the car was running got it in 4th but not fully and shut car off. after that few gears felt funny so got it out and re started it and let it warm up now when off all the gears feel normal but when on still cant engage and gears.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well motor internals are stock on my swap. the slave seems to be moving an inch max. so im assuming it may be a problem in the lines. so i have a spare cmc which i will be changing out tomorrow and see if thats it. if not im replacing the slave to see if thats it. cause my car sounds like it stalling i dont think its engaging like it should be.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
it only moves an inch , lol. tops. sounds like you may need a clutch my man.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well im just wondering why all the sudden ti would have done that. i mean a few days ago i drove it to my friends shop no problem and back home. then my parts finally came in and put them in and now it wont work. seems odd you know.

worst case ill end up with a stage one from exedy

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
thats usually how parts go man , one minute they work , next they dont.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok folks i decided to update this to let you all know the problem is fixed. the problem was the pin was not in on the cmc to the clutch pedal and the bolt to hold the two together was loose and disconnected from the pedal. so then i pushed in the pedal the cmc was barely on it causeing the problem. i still dont know how it was loosened but now i made sure its tightened on there. also for reference on club rsx the rsx cmc is prone to fail causing the same problem as well in some cases the slave clyinder. if none of those are it most likely its the clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts