Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
overview: new 1st, new 2nd gear set, new mainshaft, quaife lsd, tsx 6th gear, neo synthetic mtf

follow the pics, they tell you how to put the tranny together, anything not seen or hard to see will have an explanation
any questions, feel free to ask...

COUNTERSHAFT

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
countershaft continued

friction dampner, the part acura forgot to put in my tranny

tabs on dampner seat under the sleeve and sit in grooves below

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mainshaft continued

tsx 6th

gotta have the inside all clean and rid of all the metal...there was alot in there

the part i dreaded the most...youll see why at the end

got em in...oh yea, make sure those washers are in there between the mainshaft and bearing(on the small end) or your tranny will die...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another angle for the hell of it

this made for a very un happy day...had to borrow some bolts from another tranny...the ring gear shifted and binded some of the bolts

done

tryin this out to see how it fairs

hopes this helps anyone that needs a visual aid other than the helms
any questions? any answers?

countershaft, as displayed from bottom to top: final drive(fixed), distance collar, needle bearing, 1st, 1st syncro, selector/reverse, 2nd syncro, fricton damper, distance collar, needle bearing, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, shim, bearing, retaining bolt

mainshaft as displayed bottom(small end) to top(bearing end): shaft that goes into the clutch, bevel spring (comprised of 2 washers part specific from honda, not just any washers), 1st(fixed), reverse(fixed) 2nd(fixed), needle bearing, 3rd, 3rd syncro, 3rd-4th selector, 4th syncro, 4th, needle bearing, distance collar, needle bearing, 5th, 5th syncro, 5th-6th selector, 6th syncro, distance collar, needle bearing, 6th, bearing.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
that is an awesome write up. dont know if i can do it tho lol. great job as always. :up:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Been waiting/looking for one of these, Thanks!

-Froth

·
missing boost
500 Posts
this is an amazing catalog of how a transmission goes togeather.

could you perhaps label each picture with what the new part is that is added i.e. "here we put on the 2nd gear, and here is the 2-3 syncro" etc etc so we can kind of follow what is going on.

also, can you include a little shpeal on how to take apart the case, and remove both shafts as well as the diff, and how to put it all back togeather?

thanks a TON!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
real nice guide, but would i need a press to get the gears back in?

i saw in of of the pictures that you had it on a press..

id liek to knwo because i have a whole 02-04 tranny it jsut needs the 3-4 shifter fork put in and a new bell housing.
:up::up::up::up::up::up::worship::worship::worship:

1 - 20 of 234 Posts