Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I’ll ask anyways...

Are K series transmission components interchangeable? For example, if I have a main/counter shaft for a k24 APG6 transmission can I directly swap it into a k20 W2M5 transmission housing or does that just not work?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,979 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. So that’s good news that I shouldn't have any major issues with swapping over the main/counter shafts. The W2M5 final drive is 4.389 which is different from the APG6 final drive of 4.764. So then I will have to just swap out the differential gears as well. In that link you sent me, post #10 states that the needle bearings have to be swapped out too, I don’t understand which one needs to be swapped out? Do I just have to swap out the bearing pressed into the case for the countershaft?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,979 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your answer is already there...
Thanks. I realized that shortly after I posted that and didn’t want to double post. I’m still learning all the terminology and was confusing this with the needle bearings that go on the shaft—and that didn’t make sense why I’d have to change that. By the way, the rest of the message you quoted seems to apply to two transmissions with the same final drive. So I took it to be that in this case going from 4.3 to 4.7 would require the needle bearing to change too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts