Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
StarRizer said:
Quick Question: I own a 2004 5-speed 4cyl accord sedan, so what would I need to do in order to swap in a 6-speed and what would be the best 6-speed to put in (w/LSD)?

Thanks,
-Mike
the only one you can use is the TSX 6-speed.

and holy shit...the element tranny is sweet. That would be a sweet upgrade for accord owners.

·
Registered
29 Posts
accordfoo said:
the only one you can use is the TSX 6-speed.

and holy shit...the element tranny is sweet. That would be a sweet upgrade for accord owners.
Cool, so the TSX tranny would just be a direct bolt in? How much would this cost and would the ECU require some type of altering?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
68 Posts
You are missing the ratios for the Accord Euro, essentially the same car as the TSX with some differences. our accord outputs 190hp compared to the 200(192hp) for the 04-05TSX. but I found out that our ratios are not the same?

the ratios are

1: 3,533
2: 1,880
3: 1,354
4: 1,027
5: 0.825
6: 0,659
Rev: 3,583
Final: 4,388

otherwise a great list you´ve got there:up:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got a ?
I have a 02 Type S tranny
Could I put in the 06 Si final drive in without the mainshaft so I can have 4.7 final drive?
Just a ? That I didnt know the answer to.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
ReDeMoN said:
I got a ?
I have a 02 Type S tranny
Could I put in the 06 Si final drive in without the mainshaft so I can have 4.7 final drive?
Just a ? That I didnt know the answer to.
Thanks
Don't quote me, but if i am not mistaken, all you need are the LSD Ring Gear, Ring Gear Shaft and Bearing Race.

Please do further research or wait for more people to chime in before going foward with your decision.

-Jalal

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
ReDeMoN said:
Yeah I think I have to have the countershaft not the mainshaft.
Yeah, I got the info i just posted off the icb motorsport website, and i believe the Ring Gear Shaft is the counter shaft.
Like i said, do some more research, don't rely on me. The last thing i'd want you to do would be to f something up because of something i told you! lol.

-Jalal

·
Registered
3 Posts
I encountered a K20A engine recently mated to a transaxle with the code NTS3. I don't know what (if any) the donor car was, or what the ratios are. It's a 6-speed manual, unsure if it has an LSD or not. Would you folks have any idea what ratios it might have?

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Karl said:
I encountered a K20A engine recently mated to a transaxle with the code NTS3. I don't know what (if any) the donor car was, or what the ratios are. It's a 6-speed manual, unsure if it has an LSD or not. Would you folks have any idea what ratios it might have?
First time that I have heard of this tranny. Anyone else care to chime in?

-Jalal

·
Registered
6 Posts
MJ23FE said:
First time that I have heard of this tranny. Anyone else care to chime in?

-Jalal
The NTS3 transaxle is supposed to be LSD 6-speed from Honda. I am working on getting a Part Number and/or a ratio list.

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
PirateMcFred said:
The NTS3 transaxle is supposed to be LSD 6-speed from Honda. I am working on getting a Part Number and/or a ratio list.
Well, no shit! lol. Along with the ratio's and part number, what vehicle it's from is important too.
Thanks.

-Jalal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, I was just trying to corroborate. Unfortunatley I could not get the Part number. My NTS3 was purchased separately NIB. I don't know if it came from overseas or if it was purchased in the US or what car it is originally for. I also do not know if the LSD is factory or if it was installed by the people working on my car. At least I got the ratios though:

Honda Transaxle Ratios (NTS3):
3.27:1 1st Gear
2.13:1 2nd Gear
1.52:1 3rd Gear
1.15:1 4th Gear
0.92:1 5th Gear
0.74:1 6th Gear

4.39:1 Final Drive

Edit. The info above is what the salespersons told me before I actually had the drivetrain. The info's wrong. 80mph in 6th gear is close to 4000 rpm. 8500rpm redline is about 60mph in 2nd gear (depending on tire size). My guess is that it's at least a 4.7FD not a 4.4. I can also confirm that it is, in fact, a helical LSD from the factory. I'll update actual gear ratios when/if I rebuild the gearbox.

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
PirateMcFred said:
Sorry, I was just trying to corroborate. Unfortunatley I could not get the Part number. My NTS3 was purchased separately NIB. I don't know if it came from overseas or if it was purchased in the US or what car it is originally for. I also do not know if the LSD is factory or if it was installed by the people working on my car. At least I got the ratios though:

Honda Transaxle Ratios (NTS3):
3.27:1 1st Gear
2.13:1 2nd Gear
1.52:1 3rd Gear
1.15:1 4th Gear
0.92:1 5th Gear
0.74:1 6th Gear

4.39:1 Final Drive
It seems your gears are identical to the 02-04 Type S transmission, but you do not know if the LSD is OEM or aftermarket. First time i have come encounter with this tranny. Anyone else have any more info???

-Jalal

·
Banned
764 Posts
Anyone know if the 06 Si Tranny will bolt up to a DC5 RSX?

Edit: Nevermind, did a search, won't work, mount points are different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just heard back from Anthony Smith of Spoon Sports Europe, he claims that the NTS3 transaxle is a JDM unit that shares ratios with the DC5 Integra Type-R. Essentially, it is equivalent to a Y2M3 or NPR3 box. I am naturally a bit skeptical (it's never this easy!), so I'm trying to follow up on a few more sources.

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
If the ratios posted correspond directly with the NTS3 tranny then it cannot be a JDM tranny from a DC5R or EP3R. The ratios are identical to a USDM DC5, and we are unsure if the NTS3 even comes with an LSD from the factory.

Thanks for your investigative work, Karl. Let us know what you come up with.

-Jalal

41 - 60 of 216 Posts