Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
DC5RK20A said:
6th gear on the new Si looks like it is going to be a cruising gear and not a beneficial gear for passing and/or speed. Whereas on my tranny, 6th gear pulls hard still. :)

Nice list Jalal.
HOLY SHIT!!! CHRIS IS STILL ALIVE!!!
YOU FUCKIN DOUCHE BAG!!! Get on MSN or something so that we can talk man.
Where the hell have you been???
E-mail me, message me, get in touch with me now and let me know how the hell things are.
-Jalal

·
Registered
18 Posts
hahahaha sorry man. Just haven't been on MSN when I go home from work, just hate looking at the computer when I do it all day long at work. Can't get on MSN at work anymore, we put up a new security suite and it killed it. I'll shoot you an email or get online later tonight.

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
DC5RK20A said:
hahahaha sorry man. Just haven't been on MSN when I go home from work, just hate looking at the computer when I do it all day long at work. Can't get on MSN at work anymore, we put up a new security suite and it killed it. I'll shoot you an email or get online later tonight.
OK cool.
Anything new with the car? How has it been?
-Jalal

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nothing really new. Was going to have the Mugen tranny cooler installed while I was in the states, but I completely forgot about the air condenser. Stupid me. I can lose the A/C for myself, but the gf might not be too happy. Guess we could always just drive around in her car. :D I am going to contact Mugen and see if the a/c condenser has to go or not. I might be able to fabricate a mount for the tranny cooler to place in front of the condenser. I sheared my Motul Gear300 oil after only 2 gymkana events. I knew alot of race teams are using the tranny cooler over here, but didn't think I was really going to need it as I am unable to do any circuit running. I guess though, gymkana may actually put more stress on the tranny with constant shifts between 1st and 2nd, the heat builds up quickly.

The car is running really well. It's even louder now...my Amuse exhaust blew a chunk inside the canister, I was playing around with some GT-R late one night and at about 195km/h I started seeing sparks and flames in my rearview mirror. Pulled over, looked at my exhaust and inside was a hole. So now the inner material is making its way out and the car is just WAY TOO PHUCKIN' loud now, but I LOVE IT!!! hahahaha

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
UPDATED: Added 05+ RSX Type S Tranny Code; Added CR-V Tranny specs; Added UKDM CTR & EDM CTR need specs.

-Jalal

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
DC5RK20A said:
Nothing really new. Was going to have the Mugen tranny cooler installed while I was in the states, but I completely forgot about the air condenser. Stupid me. I can lose the A/C for myself, but the gf might not be too happy. Guess we could always just drive around in her car. :D I am going to contact Mugen and see if the a/c condenser has to go or not. I might be able to fabricate a mount for the tranny cooler to place in front of the condenser. I sheared my Motul Gear300 oil after only 2 gymkana events. I knew alot of race teams are using the tranny cooler over here, but didn't think I was really going to need it as I am unable to do any circuit running. I guess though, gymkana may actually put more stress on the tranny with constant shifts between 1st and 2nd, the heat builds up quickly.

The car is running really well. It's even louder now...my Amuse exhaust blew a chunk inside the canister, I was playing around with some GT-R late one night and at about 195km/h I started seeing sparks and flames in my rearview mirror. Pulled over, looked at my exhaust and inside was a hole. So now the inner material is making its way out and the car is just WAY TOO PHUCKIN' loud now, but I LOVE IT!!! hahahaha
Thats some crazy shit Chris. What happened between you and the GT-R???
Keep us updated on the Mugen Tranny cooler. I know you want to tranny college because you do alot of gymkama, but do you think that will help with the grinds and shit that we experience during regular driving? Or is temperature not really the cause of that problem?
-Jalal

·
Registered
741 Posts
The Euro Type-R tranny has an RBC3 code and IT DOES have an LSD. I know this first hand. We have one in our possession at the moment. It's interesting to know that it has the same gears as the A2 tranny with the addition of the ITR FD and LSD.

Nice Chart!!!
MJ23FE said:
Believe it or not, the Euro-R Accord information page mentions nothing of an LSD.
Here is a picture i found as well found here.
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/accordeuro-r/mechanism/index.html

Where as with the Type R, it states clearly that it has an LSD.
http://www.honda.co.jp/factbook/auto/INTEGRA/200107/08.html

I dont know!
-Jalal

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
riptrsxs said:
The Euro Type-R tranny has an RBC3 code and IT DOES have an LSD. I know this first hand. We have one in our possession at the moment. It's interesting to know that it has the same gears as the A2 tranny with the addition of the ITR FD and LSD.

Nice Chart!!!
Are you 100% sure of the code and the LSD?
Thanks.
-Jalal

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
it does have a LSD... I remember seeing it on the japanese website

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCORDEURO-R/equipment/index.html

new the end,.,, it says

●軽量フライホイール
●トルク感応型ヘリカルLSD(リミテッドスリップデフ)
●スポーツサスペンション
●ツインサイレンサー
●ダブルウイッシュボーン・フロントサスペンション
●5リンク・ダブルウイッシュボーン・リアサスペンション
●スタビライザー(フロント/リア)
●フロントベンチレーテッドディスクブレーキ

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
nikos said:
it does have a LSD... I remember seeing it on the japanese website

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCORDEURO-R/equipment/index.html

new the end,.,, it says

●軽量フライホイール
●トルク感応型ヘリカルLSD(リミテッドスリップデフ)
●スポーツサスペンション
●ツインサイレンサー
●ダブルウイッシュボーン・フロントサスペンション
●5リンク・ダブルウイッシュボーン・リアサスペンション
●スタビライザー(フロント/リア)
●フロントベンチレーテッドディスクブレーキ
Thanks Nikos! I had updated my chart when i found it out a few days back.
Thanks for backing the claim though!

What do you think of the redesigned chart?
-Jalal

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have Oct-2001 issue of Best Motoring video which has Euro Type R EP3 with the following gear ratios:
1st 3.266
2nd 1.769
3rd 1.517
4th 1.147
5th 0.921
6th 0.738
Final Gear Ratio 4.764
I'm not sure if this was Prototype or Pre-production Euro CTR which Motoharu Kurosawa (aka: Gaisan) drove in France.

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
NJEddie said:
I have Oct-2001 issue of Best Motoring video which has Euro Type R EP3 with the following gear ratios:
1st 3.266
2nd 1.769
3rd 1.517
4th 1.147
5th 0.921
6th 0.738
Final Gear Ratio 4.764
I'm not sure if this was Prototype or Pre-production Euro CTR which Motoharu Kurosawa (aka: Gaisan) drove in France.
Well if its a Euro CTR, then the gear ratio's i have listed are correct.
-Jalal

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quick Question: I own a 2004 5-speed 4cyl accord sedan, so what would I need to do in order to swap in a 6-speed and what would be the best 6-speed to put in (w/LSD)?

Thanks,
-Mike

21 - 40 of 215 Posts