Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've been wondering this for a while now so I want to bury all my curiosities... Will a 4.7 Counter shaft work with a 4.3 Ring gear, or a 4.3 countershaft work with a 5.0 ring gear etc etc basically is it possible to mix and match?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've been wondering this for a while now so I want to bury all my curiosities... Will a 4.7 Counter shaft work with a 4.3 Ring gear, or a 4.3 countershaft work with a 5.0 ring gear etc etc basically is it possible to mix and match?
no ring and shaft must match both ratio and tooth size.

·
Registered
6 Posts
this is my first post on this form so thankyour for letting me join, so i have this hatchback with k24a2 5spd tranny with 03 rsx-s ecu do i put the 5spd gear ratio in my kpro and erase the old gear ratio that kpro provided is this why i have vss malfunction because my speedometer still works and my eml light is on.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Do you know something about NRE5 transmission? I was happy when I found nice deal on K20A3 gearbox with low mileage, but I was expecting NRH3, not this strange NRE5. Translating VIN from that particular car, I got following details.

Any ideas where can I find more info about it, like gear ratio, etc?

Seb
Appreciate this is probably irrelevant to the poster of the question after all this time, but these transmissions are quite common for cheap in the European market, so for the purposes of expanding the resource...

2002-2005 Civic Type S (Chassis EV1)
K20A3 5 speed manual (i'd guess) non-LSD
Transmission code - NRE5

1 3.266
2 1.769
3 1.212
4 0.921
5 0.738
Reverse 3.583
Final drive 4.388

So basically the worst of the base RSX and EP3 Si combined lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I found a deal on this 5 speed manual transmission but cannot find info over the web about its gear ratios and final drive. RPD6 written on it

Any help would be appreciated:)
Edit: I have searched and seems its same as base rsx 5 speed manual gear ratios and final drive

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found a deal on this 5 speed manual transmission but cannot find info over the web about its gear ratios and final drive. RPD6 written on it

Any help would be appreciated:)
Edit: I have searched and seems its same as base rsx 5 speed manual gear ratios and final drive
:coleman: did you end up finding out??

·
Registered
156 Posts
Trying to determine ratios/FD for the AST5 trans that came with my JDM TSX '05 K24A3:

No way of knowing if that is original to the chassis. The chart doesn't list K24A3 / 6 speed AST5.

I couple of posters in the thread added links or info that reference the AST5 for Honda Accord, but that info was never added to the chart.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Trying to determine ratios/FD for the AST5 trans that came with my JDM TSX '05 K24A3:

No way of knowing if that is original to the chassis. The chart doesn't list K24A3 / 6 speed AST5.

I couple of posters in the thread added links or info that reference the AST5 for Honda Accord, but that info was never added to the chart.
Yes it was not added to main Chart,but couple of post and links show that it has FD of 4.3

201 - 215 of 215 Posts