Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Here is a table i put together of all the transmission gear ratios in all the cars i could find published data for.
If anyone finds published data on the CTR please let me know so i can add it to the chart.

If anyone has the tranny codes of the engines listed below, please let me know so that i can add that info to the table. Please be model specific with the tranny codes so that we can see if some models use same exact tranny etc.

All my info is from honda.co.jp, acura.com, new-cars.com.
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/integra/grade-data/index.html
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/accordeuro-r/grade-data/index.html
http://new-cars.com/2004-new-car-reviews.html
I noticed Acura.com rounds up when i compared to ratios found on honda.co.jp. (Example: 1st gear is 3.27 instead of 3.266.)

Tranny notes i have put together:
1) 01-06 accord euro-r and 05-06 rsx-s have same tranny.
2) 01-06 itr has the same 1-3 gear ratios as the 02-06 rsx-s, euro-r, and 06 si but has different 4-6 gear ratios.
3) K20A2, K20A euro-r, K20Z1 all have the same 1-6 gear ratios.
4) all 6-speed tranny's except 02-04 rsx-s & 06+ CTR, have the same 4.764 FD.
5) 06 si and 04-06 tsx have same 6th gear.

-Jalal

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
MJ23FE said:
Tranny notes i have put together:
1) 01-06 accord euro-r and 05-06 rsx-s have same tranny.
don't forget about the LSD...

Other than that great little list you put together there. I'm surprised the Euro R has such short gearing...

I can't wait to get my TSX tranny in my car so I can see how big of a difference the longer gearing makes. :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jon v said:
don't forget about the LSD...

Other than that great little list you put together there. I'm surprised the Euro R has such short gearing...

I can't wait to get my TSX tranny in my car so I can see how big of a difference the longer gearing makes. :cool:
Good call, i can totally add the LSD option right under the the Final Drive listing.
Also, the Euro R has a K20A, that is why it has the shorter gearing. It does not have a K24.
-Jalal

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Yah but you rememebr the other day that thread with the tranny and the different mounting points? Thats cause it was teh Euro R tranny, teh guy said it had an LSD because he could see through the diff.

and I only comment about the short gearing because the euro R is based on the TSX chassis. So i figured they would be longer for the heavier car... I guess the gears are based more on the powerplant than the chassis.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
The thing I am curious about is that the auto vs 6 speed models.

From what I know from b series the auto models always had different cams, but don't know about the tsx auto vs manual.

will they yeld same results power wise or will the manual put down more power..

everyone that got swaps from the train wreck were mostly auto version cars

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
These are the posts that Gods are made from. You guys remember all the original pics of obd and vtec wiring from FF squad? Well in 10 years when K series is as mature as B series are now and n00bs are asking about gear ratios, we'll be able to post Jalal's OG data. LOL.

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Until we have physical proof of a picture, or literature proving that the Euro-R Accord tranny has an LSD, i am going to consider it not to have an LSD.
The Honda Japan website does not list the Euro-R having an LSD ANYWHERE. It does however list the ITR having an LSD.
Updated table is posted.
-Jalal

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mikestypes said:
These don't really make sense. #3 should have the K20Z3 removed to be correct.
You are correct sir, that simply slipped by me.
Thanks!
:up:
-Jalal

·
Registered
180 Posts
What are the shared mounting points for the different model's transmissions?

For example, K20a2/k20a/k20a3 all are interchangable whereas the k24a2/k20z1 are incompatible mount wise with the previous.

I'm curious as to which k24 transmissions (if any) fit with existing mount kits.

E.J.

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Woody34 said:
Wow that's an incredible list with some great information. Thanks for compiling and sharing. :dance:
:D :dance: :cool:
No problem man. Thanks for your help!
-Jalal

1 - 20 of 215 Posts