Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ran there k20a2 with a ep 5 speed tranny? A buddy of mine is selling me one dirt cheap as a back up tranny just wondering how the gearing would feal on a type S motor Iknow it has a 4.7 final drive compared to the 4.40 in the type s I run now. Just curious??? Six speed is great just wondering for backup???

·
Registered
414 Posts
I havent had the opportunity to run the K20a2 I have with the ep3 transmission,but it bolts up just fine.The gearing is a little wierd though.The same 3rd,4th and 5th as the base rsx,but a longer 1st and 2nd to make up for the 4.7 final drive.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see your from houston too I recognize your name from houston-imports.com.....My names Chris or JDM98Ferio on H-I...Its good to see more Kseries supporters from Houston... :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yeah..fug_mo on H-I ... Ive been working with K engines since mid-late 2002..
If I remember correctly,I also had the first RUNNING K20/eg swap in Houston as well.I never had a chance to get the crx running with the k20a before it was sold,but I did get it mounted.
Let me know if you need any help with your K engine :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes I do!
I play around with the software constantly,so know all of the ins and outs of it,and have tuned two of my swaps using the K-pro.

·
Registered
39 Posts
11sec CR-X said:
Has anyone here ran there k20a2 with a ep 5 speed tranny? A buddy of mine is selling me one dirt cheap as a back up tranny just wondering how the gearing would feal on a type S motor Iknow it has a 4.7 final drive compared to the 4.40 in the type s I run now. Just curious??? Six speed is great just wondering for backup???
so is anyone running the 5 speed?

i will be running it with my DC2,

but i will have a K24/K20 combo, will the higher gear ratios be better suited to the higher pulling power and lower redline of the K24?

cheers (sorry for hijack)

·
Registered
414 Posts
With the redline of the k24 block,youll want to lower the vtec engagement point to give you a broader powerband,so this combo may work well with the k24 block.I just didnt like how it kept dropping out of vtec when revving to 8100 on the type s engine.You have for what seemed forever to get any power back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
fearless_dsm said:
With the redline of the k24 block,youll want to lower the vtec engagement point to give you a broader powerband,so this combo may work well with the k24 block.I just didnt like how it kept dropping out of vtec when revving to 8100 on the type s engine.You have for what seemed forever to get any power back.
well, the theory will be to run some big cams, drop VTEC as low as possible, creating a FAT powerband and keep it in 3rd & 4th gear around the circuts...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ive been told not to... But you can, just dont rev high and you should be fine...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts