Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup yall. had a few questions wondering if yall can help out.

i replace my clutch last year and i think every since i replaced it my tranny has been acting up. like sometimes wont go into gear until the rpms drop a lil.or sometimes it pops out of gear , not very often tho.

like sometimes it wont let me downshift from 6 to 5th.

just wonderin if it has to do with my clutch and the alignment or somethin. i know nothin about transmissions.

if its my gears where can i find gear sets for a itr trans.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
competition stage3. ive never adjustsed the clutch pedal. what am i lookin for when i do that?
Above the clutch pedal there is a nut loosen it adjust it until you have the correct pedal adjustment. YOu should only do this really if there is a lot of play in the clutch pedal though.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you think that might be my problem. i have my tranny off right now. thinkin bout takin the case off. what should i be lookin for to see whats messed up?

example bent shifter forks. worn gears. i dont know how you tell if a syncro is bad.

also when i tried to put it in reverse sometimes it grinded. but say if i took pressure of and tried to put it in reverse again it would go. it did that before the clutch swap

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
you think that might be my problem. i have my tranny off right now. thinkin bout takin the case off. what should i be lookin for to see whats messed up?

example bent shifter forks. worn gears. i dont know how you tell if a syncro is bad.

also when i tried to put it in reverse sometimes it grinded. but say if i took pressure of and tried to put it in reverse again it would go. it did that before the clutch swap
The reverse thing...reverse doesn't have a syncro so you really need to be stopped to put in reverse. Try double clutching it.

If you do pop it open, then yes, look for bent shift forks, worn syncrhos/gears.

Visually you probably won't be able to see a bent shift fork though. Just look for unusual wear.

How long ago did you put the clutch in and this started to happen or was it happening before the clutch?

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i honestly cant rememebr if it was happening before the clutch. i know the reverse thing was, and i thought that maybe replacing the clutch would fix it. but it didnt. ive put gm syncromesh in it, that didnt really seem to help that much either. before gm synchromesh i think i used like a 10w40 or somethin like that. a shop said i could use that. put that in thinkin that maybe i just need new tranny fluid. didnt really help so then i drained it and put syncromesh.

could it be my slave valve or throw out bearing.

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
well you are supposed to put engine oil in honda trannys. but your best bet for the shiftin could be worn gears, and the not goin into gear and popin out is prob the shift fork or the syncros when out, also make sure to check the bearings at both ends of the case if their worn, when you shit itll make the assembly unstable and cause the tranny not to go int gear or pop out

·
Registered
85 Posts
Might be a long shot, but try bleeding your clutch line. It's a cheap & simple way to eliminate one possible issue.

If you've haven't opened up a trani before I wouldn't recommend it. If you do attempt it then at least have an Acura manual for reference.

My personal experience with the trans not going into gear past 8,500 rpms was solved when I switch to a carbon/carbon from a cerametalic clutch set up.

The reverse issue: Try pumping the clutch pedal an extra time or go into another gear like 4th before attemting reverse. It occasionally make a difference.

Good luck resolving your issue. :up:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts