Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
958 Posts
i think ill stick with an obx for the price and what im using it for since the car only gets raced once a week. I already have a type s tranny so i dont need another unless you wanted to sell the lsd cheap by itself. Thanx
I wouldn't weld the dif. That isn't a good idea for a car that sees mostly street driving.

There are a few options, you can pick up an OBX LSD for fairly cheap, around $500 or so or you can buy the "Phantom Grip LSD". Its not really an LSD but a locker for your diff. These still aren't good for a daily driven car but better than welding your diff, at least this would be reversible. I also hear that there is a Drag spool sold for our cars, I haven't seen it in person but I hear that they are out there.

Also, if you are looking for an LSD I have a quaife for sale for super cheap. It has only 1500 miles on it before we removed the 5 speed trans out of my buddy's car and put the factory 6 speed in to sell the car. He only wants $650 plus shipping for it. The thing is in perfect shape and all Quaifes have a life time warranty. It is also ready to drop in your tranny, it already has the new set of bearings pressed in so that would save you another $100.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.