Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know any cheap or easy short cuts to locking in both wheels to act as an LSD? Alot of guys i race with, mainly neons, somehow weld there gears or sumthing in the tranny. Was wondering if anyone knew of a way i could do this with my tranny without messing it up. We dont race for alot and try to keep the cost of the cars and parts down so im not trying to spend an arm and a leg for a legit LSD.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
people weld their open diffs. but i believe its only for straight line racing. not good on the streets or wut not. if you figure out wut you want to do and need a type-s stock open differential let me know i have one laying around. 65 shipped.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
people weld their open diffs. but i believe its only for straight line racing. not good on the streets or wut not. if you figure out wut you want to do and need a type-s stock open differential let me know i have one laying around. 65 shipped.

i have a type s tranny in the car now, a guy on honda tech was telling me that they made welding plates or sumthin?? he hasnt got back to me on more info about that but he does off road racing in his rsx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I have a 05 type s 6spd trans and it has a 07 civic si LSD in it. I fit right in and should work great. It is just sitting here in my garage, to bad I have no hondas anymore. Well if you want it I am selling for like $1000obo. I was done by a honda tech at a honda dealer and zero miles on it. I wouldn't weld the dif unless you just wanna go straight and it is on dry pavement.

·
Registered
962 Posts
i think ill stick with an obx for the price and what im using it for since the car only gets raced once a week. I already have a type s tranny so i dont need another unless you wanted to sell the lsd cheap by itself. Thanx
I wouldn't weld the dif. That isn't a good idea for a car that sees mostly street driving.

There are a few options, you can pick up an OBX LSD for fairly cheap, around $500 or so or you can buy the "Phantom Grip LSD". Its not really an LSD but a locker for your diff. These still aren't good for a daily driven car but better than welding your diff, at least this would be reversible. I also hear that there is a Drag spool sold for our cars, I haven't seen it in person but I hear that they are out there.

Also, if you are looking for an LSD I have a quaife for sale for super cheap. It has only 1500 miles on it before we removed the 5 speed trans out of my buddy's car and put the factory 6 speed in to sell the car. He only wants $650 plus shipping for it. The thing is in perfect shape and all Quaifes have a life time warranty. It is also ready to drop in your tranny, it already has the new set of bearings pressed in so that would save you another $100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.