Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tranny build is almost complete. I have the following...

03 RSX 6 speed
4.7 final drive
tsx 6th gear
exedy STAGE 2

I really wanted to use the exedy flywheel (the 8.5lb one) part# HF02, but apparently they have been discontinued??? I can't find one anywhere...

I wanted it because of the good quality; what other good flywheel can I get???

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate all the interest, but could someone help me find a flywheel???

What is the advantage of a steel flywheel? And who the f*** sells them!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Any chromoly flywheel is fine from what I've learned. Aluminum flywheels get some people concerned because of the possibility that the teeth can seperate from the rest of the wheel.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have used Flywheel(steel) and clutch assemblies from both Toda and Carbonetic. Both in race applications. The Toda had better feel and did the job. The Carbonetic was more like a progessive switch, plus upon installation they suggest to grind away material in one location from the bellhousing to make more clearance to the pressure plate. Without the material removal in the bellhousing there is only a 0.5mm (0.020in) clearance between the pressure plate and bellhousing.

SMN

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So toda I will probably go with. Is there any other companies that make a light steel flywheel? I'm sortof against paying top dollar for JDM stuff that is equal or not even as good as domestic stuff...

Is there amy clutchmasters steel flywheels around 8lbs? Or any other companies?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts