Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install my pci trailing arm bearing, and im pretty sure that it will not line up properly. My current setup is energy suspension bushing, and the pivot point on the trailing arm had to be pushed all of the way out (toe out) to where it was touching the chassis with the bushing in order to get toe neutral. Should i bend the trailing arm to realign the trailing arm bushing pivot location? Or is there something else that people are doing to line up the trailing arm?

Details: On my eg sedan i am running about 5 inches of ground clearance and 1.8 deg of camber front and rear. The upper control arms are adjusted way shorter than normal. Spc toe links, ingalls upper control link, bwr lca, poly bushes on upper and lower.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thinking is that it could be hammered, or portapower bent by pushing out where that parking brake cable goes through the trailing arm, then bent again between the bushing and the compensator arm to whatever specification is needed for the compensator arm length to provide proper toe curve.

I was hoping that maybe the honda challenge guys have experience with mangling components to achieve proper alignment considering they have to use factory stuff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to the PCI instructions, the solution is to beat the chassis (framerail like structure) out of the way of the trailing arm. I suppoze this would also apply to those using ES trailing arm bushings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nvm on the beating, thats for the top of the trailing arm, but the pci bearings did allow me to move the arm inward so that is a possible solution to those suffering this problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts