Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so it seems to me, that I can't find out this answer straight up. I already have a K24, but when I read all of these threads about the Accord K24 being worthless, get a TSX K24 instead, what the hell am I suppose to do?

How the hell can I get my motor up to spec with the TSX aside from raising the compression, screwing with the timing, and or changing the head or cams or something.

WHAT CAN I DO! To be cool, and make my sexy K even more sexier!?

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
soon cams will be out for your k24a accord. You can also supercharge it or tuprbocharge it. If you add a type s or tsx head you will need to change the pistons as well.

But calling the accord k24a worthless... no it is not.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
voltron_zeo said:
i have an 03 accord too and i'm leaning towarsd the head swap. i say keep the engine.
god, I want to buy an A2 so bad, you have no idea....even if I keep it in the basement for a year until some more parts come out for it

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in the process of boosting my a4, I'll let you know what type of numbers I get when she's done. :dance:

I should have it all put together in a few weeks..*got to concentrate on finals before I get too involved and not study lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
undergroundm said:
I'm in the process of boosting my a4, I'll let you know what type of numbers I get when she's done. :dance:

I should have it all put together in a few weeks..*got to concentrate on finals before I get too involved and not study lol.

really, that is interesting.....I'd be very interested in those numbers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hondaluver said:
i would either get a k24a2 and kpro or get a crv block and find a rsx type S head. the rsx type S head is larger than a tsx
yeah, I want to get the rest of the car done first before I start tinkering with the motor, plus I want some other people to find out some more interesting info about frankenstien K motors

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
98EXL said:
yeah, I want to get the rest of the car done first before I start tinkering with the motor, plus I want some other people to find out some more interesting info about frankenstien K motors
i ment the ports on the rsx S are larger than the tsx ones

·
Registered
16 Posts
98EXL said:
yeah, I know what you meant...btw:

k24a1 block, k20a2 head, and k20a2 tranny is the only way to go... kpro

218.3 hp
185.5 tq

bitchin'!
There are stock k20a's (type R) with just bolt-ons, still N/A making those kind of numbers. More hp not as much tq, I believe. Have they made a stroker kit for any of the k24's?

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
The accord K24 is no boat anchor. Hondata has had good results supercharging those motors 220wtq and keeping realibility along with a piston/rod friendly motor.
If you are headed for the track in the future, sell the motor and go TSX from jump street. I got my TSX for $2700 with 2 miles on it and full warrenty. The TSX eats boost like a fat man. :wow:

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
hondaluver said:
i would either get a k24a2 and kpro or get a crv block and find a rsx type S head. the rsx type S head is larger than a tsx
The TSX and typeS has the same cylinder head, but their cams differ due to displacement and needing more intake charge on typeS above 7500rpm. If you but the TSX whole you will save more money than crvblock (doesn't compare to TSX) and TypeS head, head gasket, more extra parts. A complete motor from the factory will always outlast a frank, my personal experience.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.