Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy wants to trade me a k20a3 for my b18c1 engine swap.... My question is should I just get rid of my motor, and buy a k20a2 or trade this guy for the k20a3 straight up ?

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Harvardblue said:
This guy wants to trade me a k20a3 for my b18c1 engine swap.... My question is should I just get rid of my motor, and buy a k20a2 or trade this guy for the k20a3 straight up ?
My opinion of course.. DO NOT TRADE your GSR for the K20A3.. NOT A GOOD DEAL AT ALL FOR YOU

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking... I'll just sell it, and get a k20a2. Damn it this sucks too because I just picked up a 94 coupe in good condition for 400 dollars to have something to drive while my hatch is down for the swap. I just need to sell my b18c1 then I can start the k20 install. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
that is what i did sort of

i traded for a k20a2 with itr cams and hondata heat shield. waiting for the axles and my kpro to come in, so i can really c if the trade was worth it.

my b18c1 was fully built with toda spec b cams and all the goodies with typer spoon balanced pistions. it was very nice and power was just endless if felt like.

any way. my fingers are crossed and hoping i will like it in the long run.

·
Registered
24 Posts
nikos said:
Harvardblue said:
My opinion of course.. DO NOT TRADE your GSR for the K20A3.. NOT A GOOD DEAL AT ALL FOR YOU
Definately not... have a b18c in my EG, I dont think I would trade for anything unless it was a Type R swap K or B. :roll:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i wouldn't do it...I have a k20a3 and it would need to have some--by some, i really mean alot-- work done just to even beat out a b18c1...sighs....dc5 itr here i come

·
Registered
18 Posts
The K20A3 has been seriously hobbled by the factory. You would be better off with a K24 for the extra torque or go right to the A2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts