Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have finally narrowed it down to two: the chromoly-made L-con's or the Titanium-made by Lakewood. They both weigh the same (under 10 lbs) and I can get both for the same price. Which one do you guys think is better?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
by the looks of the pictures i think I am going with the l-cons too. I wrote to camp1320 but he hasn't answered me. If you are reading this please Pm me. I want the anodized red one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
C Buz I tried To PM but your mailbox is full. The heim joints are just the rod ends like the one on the ends of the l-con traction bars. There are a lot of different rod ends (heim joints) out there. Steel on steel are the cheapest and the chrome moly on chrome moly are the more expensive one's. I had the RPM traction bars long time ago 1995 and it had the steel on steel rod ends which worked good for about a year then started getting real sloppy. The i got the moly on moly rod ends from ORW (Off Road Warehouse in San Diego)and never had a problem. Then sold the traction bars three years later with no slop what so ever.

·
Registered
565 Posts
have you guys never thought of running a heavier traction bar set-up.. its one of my next mods to replace the rods with a heavy steel rod, its the lowest most forward weight on the car. Might be worth even more time..

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks evolforce never mind about the pm then.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
non vtec said:
have you guys never thought of running a heavier traction bar set-up.. its one of my next mods to replace the rods with a heavy steel rod, its the lowest most forward weight on the car. Might be worth even more time..
Interesting idea...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts