Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i'm thinking of doing a k20 or k24 swap on a eg or ek but before i spend the money i want to know from the ppl here that had done this their track time info for this swap.. please post your time and mods. thanx

·
Registered
433 Posts
Peoples track times have varied heavily based on driving, bolt ons, management, and basic track setup. There have been times as slow as 15.1 which could be contributed to a "limp mode" type condition and/or driving. There have been times as fast as mid to high 11's on a basically stock engine with ITB's and Kpro mated to drag slicks and some basic setup. It seems though that the overall mean with good driving, kpro, and some track time to be low 13's/high 12's.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
I just raced my EG last weekend at Buttonwillow for the first time since my K20 install and OMG it was bad ass. Torque is soo fcuking niiiice to have when coming out of a turn :heart: . I did have a couple issues I noted - mainly, traction problems and severe understeer at times. You gotta be light on the throttle when coming outta turns because of the mean power the K puts down, you'll just spin tire and lose traction. I was messing with my suspension all day long to get the car to feel right but I could get there 100%. One thing I should've tried was to unbolt my front ITR sway bar (I'm running ITR fr/rr swaybars on my EG), but I didn't get a chance to do this. I couldn't get the rear end to rotate enough like I could when I had a B-series engine.

So, if you were B-series equipped and road raced your car beforehand and know what your car feels like, be prepared to reconfigure your suspension setup when you drop your K.

Oh yeah, I totally dropped a few seconds off my lap times (which I was hoping for) after the K install. My personal best time at Buttonwillow (track config. #13) was a 2:13 when I was B-series equipped. After reviewing my onboard video footage from Sunday, I ran a 2:10..possibly a 2:08 if my DV tape didn't shut off during the last session of the day :mad: which was the best session outta the whole day. Btw, I'm running on the updated Falken RT615 Azenis's and they're pretty badass updated of the previous versions.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
katman said:
Btw, I'm running on the updated Falken RT615 Azenis's and they're pretty badass updated of the previous versions.
Do you like the new ones better than the old ones?

If you wouldn't mind giving a short review I would appreciate it...

Pm me or post it what ever... :up:

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
jon v said:
Do you like the new ones better than the old ones?

If you wouldn't mind giving a short review I would appreciate it...

Pm me or post it what ever... :up:

Yup I sure do...as I mentioned! hah..

here's your short review:
- they're way quieter than azenis ver.1
- they changed the compound in ver.2 so that it takes a little longer to heat up and last longer on the track vs. ver.1 which heat up right away and can become sloshy on the track after about 4-5laps depending on how hard you're pushing it.
- the tread is obviously updated to accomodate wet weather conditions

thats about it... :up:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.