Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've recently swapped a K20z1 into my 98 coupe. I'm still in the porcess of debugging or dealing with a number of gremlins such as the numerous rattles and a loud bass note that rumbles through the cabin. At any rate, I chose this swap for track and street usage. The current setup is Kpro baseline tune @ 195hp and 145 tq ( conservative). The mods are dc headers, Kpro and WS2 Apexi exhaust (no cat). My question pertains to the install of the RBC and what might my expected tq gains with this mod be?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
From what I understand you will see gains through the powerband but the greater part will be higher.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
u will see most gains when u retune it with the rbc installed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,

I'm really looking for more torque more so than HP. I think the RBC would help in this respect. I think there are kits that offer everyone you need to install.

Is this a very difficult install?

·
Registered
370 Posts
The clearance from the radiator is a tight fit. The actual install is simple, i believe you need some type of throttle body plate.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Thanks Guys,

I'm really looking for more torque more so than HP. I think the RBC would help in this respect. I think there are kits that offer everyone you need to install.

Is this a very difficult install?
You arent going to see much torque just from the installation of an RBC only. The advantage of the RBC with its shorter and fatter runners is the torque curve shifting to the right and not falling off as soon as the other OE manifolds.

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Longer runners will help you get torque gains. I have the RBB off a TSX that does the trick well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses guys. I opted for the K20 instead of the K24 bc I wanted the extra rpms/high end for the track but also looking to max the tq as best i can. These suggestions should help.
Thanks again,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts