Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car was running fine, took the manifold off (didnt touch the TB) to swap motors.
Note: I didnt remove the wiring harness or touch it at all....
Put the manifold back on, car started for a second, sputtered and died. In KPro got a Map sensor low voltage code, figured I got the MAP and TPS plugs mixed up, switched them, car wont start, battery doesnt have enough voltage.. with KPro online but the car not running TPS stays at 112% with the pedal at rest and if I put it to the floor it will read 113% sometimes. Tried adjusting the TPS from one extreme to the other.. still the same 113%
Will the TPS go bad if the MAP plug is plugged into it? Any ideas? I tried uploading a basemap but I get the same result...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the same problem.. wen i was running the type r ecu i have to switch the map and tps to start the car. now i got kpro and it wont start at all.. but wen i switch the map n the tps again it will start for a second and it's spudders too then it dies.. Someone help US out lol..

·
Registered
654 Posts
Chris, tps is green,red,yel as the dominate colors... make sure its on the right plug. Since you didnt change anything I really cant say whats wrong... :(

·
Registered
386 Posts
Car was running fine, took the manifold off (didnt touch the TB) to swap motors.
Note: I didnt remove the wiring harness or touch it at all....
Put the manifold back on, car started for a second, sputtered and died. In KPro got a Map sensor low voltage code, figured I got the MAP and TPS plugs mixed up, switched them, car wont start, battery doesnt have enough voltage.. with KPro online but the car not running TPS stays at 112% with the pedal at rest and if I put it to the floor it will read 113% sometimes. Tried adjusting the TPS from one extreme to the other.. still the same 113%
Will the TPS go bad if the MAP plug is plugged into it? Any ideas? I tried uploading a basemap but I get the same result...
low voltage means that you may have a short to ground or low resistance on that particular sensor/wiring. what is your battery voltage on Kpro check for voltage drop at fuse box main fuse and positive batt terminal use the neg terminal and then an engine ground. use a DVOM for this.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
low voltage means that you may have a short to ground or low resistance on that particular sensor/wiring. what is your battery voltage on Kpro check for voltage drop at fuse box main fuse and positive batt terminal use the neg terminal and then an engine ground. use a DVOM for this.
The battery is weak but I charged it overnight, car starts fine now, getting a TPS high voltage code... guess its time for a new TPS...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts