Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive gone threw 3 TPS's on the dyno , its a type r ,k20a2 turbo, with Hybrid harness
the first TPS went out - stock
second was an omni - went out
third was another omni - read at 102
weve been tryna figure out the problem forever and cannot find out why is it
showing TPS high voltage
it was calibrated and on the laptop

the car goes to like 2500 sometimes 4k rpms and it starts sputtering

i think its the harness but im not in the rite mind set to tear it apart rite now and i wanna know if anyone else has had this problem

·
Registered
638 Posts
sounds like your tps plug is mixed up with your map sensor plug. Those two plugs can easily be mixed up and will fry your tps sensor. You will probably need another new one and switch the plugs around this time. One of my buddies had the same problem.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
yeah but if the plugs are switched u would not see the tps % opening and closing . unless you guys never looked to see

·
Registered
87 Posts
same EXACT thing happened to me...it ended up not having anything to do with my tps

i downloaded the map in my ecu to my computer to play with it... your not really supposed to do that...and my tps kept reading high voltage.

upload a fresh map from your computer to your ecu and see if that helps

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man i cant figure it out and its making me mad

how much did u guys pay for a stock tps bcs over here in Tampa they told me 600 buxs im just gonna buy another omni

ima check the plugs today and make sure there not backwards tps-map
and if anything im just gonna plug the laptop back up

·
Registered
325 Posts
sounds like your tps plug is mixed up with your map sensor plug. Those two plugs can easily be mixed up and will fry your tps sensor. You will probably need another new one and switch the plugs around this time. One of my buddies had the same problem.
lol this happend to me. double check your connections

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
which throttle body do you have? stock type-s or bdl?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts