Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i have a 94 cx. i have a GSR swap in it now but spun a bearing in it. now i have to buy a new crank or re surface it. Which i have an idea of gettin a stroker kit. but all that money i have to spend i can spend on a k20. i figure i can part out the GSR cuz there is nothing else wrong. Im lookin on a total cost of doin the swap. Plus i just want to have that k20 cuz thats the hardest shit out now. Everyone has been doin b series swaps for a while. its time to step it up. let me know what ya think...thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
do a search there was a good post with prices in it somewhere. Ohhh, and by the way, rebuilding your gsr motor wouldcost about half (if not less) than swaping a k20. If you do not use the car as a daily driver then build that bitch up and slap a turbo on it. You won't have a K20 but you will have a a built motor that will keep up or beat (depending on how radical you build it) a k20.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,747 Posts
c_buz said:
do a search there was a good post with prices in it somewhere. Ohhh, and by the way, rebuilding your gsr motor wouldcost about half (if not less) than swaping a k20. If you do not use the car as a daily driver then build that bitch up and slap a turbo on it. You won't have a K20 but you will have a a built motor that will keep up or beat (depending on how radical you build it) a k20.
true, the saying goes, if you have to ask you probably can't afford it. :cool:
 

·
F1 Junky
Joined
·
2,017 Posts
So far I've forked over about $3K in parts, think I have about $1.5K to go :eek: That and a coworker of mine actually wants the D-series in the car now(swapping out turbo B16 to sell car) and wants to get it as soon as he can. Think I might have to end up going plastic on the remainder of parts. :cry:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,811 Posts
you can save money by:

using a stock radiator
wiring it on your own if you locate the plugs needed
combining b and k series axles
getting a used tsx header for cheap
making a no return fuel system with the stock fuel rail
runnig a PRC ECU (JDM DC5 R)
having a motor that came with good clutch, starter, alternator and uncut engine harness, shifter and shifter cables...
And taking your time to do the install on your own.. figure 2-3 weeks. :)
 

·
F1 Junky
Joined
·
2,017 Posts
nikos said:
you can save money by:

. . . taking your time to do the install on your own.. figure 2-3 weeks. :)
So if I'm just doing it mostly on the weekend, you'd figure what? A month or more? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
nikos said:
you can save money by:

using a stock radiator
wiring it on your own if you locate the plugs needed
combining b and k series axles
getting a used tsx header for cheap
making a no return fuel system with the stock fuel rail
runnig a PRC ECU (JDM DC5 R)
having a motor that came with good clutch, starter, alternator and uncut engine harness, shifter and shifter cables...
And taking your time to do the install on your own.. figure 2-3 weeks. :)
What are some of the disadvantages of running a no return fuel system with the stock rail?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Going with a K20a2 will save 1 to 2K but, still budget 6 to 7K for the swap. rebuild and sell the GSR and money out of pocket will be even less. just do it right the first time, so you dont have to redo and rebuy anything. like i did almost ten years ago with my first GSR swap. :mad:
 

·
treblictuned
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
I am at 4500 grand total including the car 92 honda civic cx.
K20a2 swap
hasport mounts
modified k20a3 and K20R header
made clutch line, axles, harness,
k20R ecu (thanks nikos)
-6 fuel lines (left over from other car)
aeromotive regualtor
custom alternator pulley (dad made it)
255 pump
 

·
GoldStar
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
Professor15 said:
What are some of the disadvantages of running a no return fuel system with the stock rail?
you do run a return on the stock fuel rail.

you run your fuel pressure line to a fuel pressure regulator.
run a line from your fpr to your stock fuel rail and another from your fpr to your return line.
your fpr will regulate the pressure going to your fuel rail and the rest will go to your return. :up:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
dohcvtecCx94 said:
ok guys i have a 94 cx. i have a GSR swap in it now but spun a bearing in it. now i have to buy a new crank or re surface it. Which i have an idea of gettin a stroker kit. but all that money i have to spend i can spend on a k20. i figure i can part out the GSR cuz there is nothing else wrong. Im lookin on a total cost of doin the swap. Plus i just want to have that k20 cuz thats the hardest shit out now. Everyone has been doin b series swaps for a while. its time to step it up. let me know what ya think...thanx
wont believe me but 6700 on k20a2 with fluidine radiator all tha parts and labor!!! :dance:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
So far I have roughly $19k in my k swap eg hatch it’s pricey but there are cheaper ways to go. I just wanted it to be perfect and I still have work to do. I’m in the process of getting ready to tuck the bay and install ac. As it sits now it’s 471 whp and 317 tq so I’m pretty happy at the moment and it’s my daily.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
So far I have roughly $19k in my k swap eg hatch it’s pricey but there are cheaper ways to go. I just wanted it to be perfect and I still have work to do. I’m in the process of getting ready to tuck the bay and install ac. As it sits now it’s 471 whp and 317 tq so I’m pretty happy at the moment and it’s my daily.
Its pretty easy to spend over 20K on a K series conversion. Especially if you are not cutting corners and getting premium parts.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top