Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
looks nice ...but i have a question ...is that box needed ...or is it done to bring the height of the shifter down ...because i actually like the shifter to be tall but i didnt know if the shifter box was needed for certain mechanical resons and etc...if someone could fill me in id really appreciate it .. :up:

·
Registered
196 Posts
He did this so he could fit his center console over the shifter. If you don't have that plate to lower the shifter....your center console won't fit over it. Instead of the RSX shifter....you can use the accord shifter since they are both cable shifters.

·
Registered
198 Posts
so if your not planning on using the center console cover you should be fine without the box then right?

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
dude. thats a really nice piece...... i think if you use a rubber undercoaiting or use dynomat under it, then it would be cool... dont know agbout the exhaust burning it off though..

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
nice, so when are you going into full production?

:dance:

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
#2 How much for that piece????? I want one too!!

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
o2seriousi said:
yea seriously i'll buy one in a heartbeat how much for 1 shipped to elizabeth, new jersey
i don't think he's mass producing them. he made on for his car and is sharing his finds with us. :D

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I don't mean to burst any K-bubbles, but Redzone racing in norcal sells something of the same nature; but #2's box loooks better imo (wider tabbed areas and ramped section).

I agree that heat might be of concern; I'm noticing that the tunnel gets pretty warmed up by the header/exhaust piping; i can feel the warmth by touching the floor near my shifter area (my shifter isn't submerged into the tunnel, but mounted above the EG shifter hole w/hole blocked off by tin).

I guess you can put some of that heat resistant shielding/aluminum on the bottom side of the box it could help deflect heat..

On a side note, I wonder if there's some carbon fiber/fiberglass fabricator who can mimick the oem EG console and modify it (widen it & make it a tad taller) to where it would fit perfectly over the RSX shift box and yet retain the factory mount locations, cup holder, and shift boot while covering the box nicely.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.