Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
These don’t look like k20a2 OEM retainers to me.
I totally agree with you @Lotus. I have investigated the ports and valves of the PRB, RBB, PPA and RSP head. None of them using flat retainers. There are differences in diameter, so that valve springs are not interchangeable. I have no clear statement to which one, just remember the PPA was smaller. Not sure if the RBB was it also to the high performance head retainers.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
It seems to top out at about 6700rpm and assume this is due to my 2.5" exhaust system...with a 3" exhaust system it should keep running to 7000+
I had 2.5" exhaust systems on 290 hp engines for tuning, the difference is just a few lbft in quantity compared to 3" pipings, has nothing to to with what we see here. Something blocks, much more serious I assume. Could be from not optimal tune, a rare valve issue (floating, lash, ...) up to an non well sealing engine or just a simple fuel injector issue and something in the path of alternation of load. Much more serious as just a simple too small piping. Just my two cents.

I am open to check your calibration/WOT log for a second response for you. Do you have header design parameters for validation as well as the exhaust setup for me?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
That is correct.
Ok, fine. Despite that it would be good to see the calibration and WOT log to investigate the VE downfall more easy. Also header, exhaust and muffler specification would help. Just an offer to analyze your torque curve shape and it's background.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts