Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
previous time old setup straight k20 swap with bolt on, kpro, rbc ran [email protected] full interior 5 lug 22x8x15 slicks w/ 1.58 60ft open diff.
215whp/256tq
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
new setup k24a2 block same mods before made 228whp/189tq

yesterday i ran 8-9 times

1)[email protected] 1.872
2)[email protected] 1.855
4)[email protected] 1.941
4)[email protected] 1.968
5)xxxx miss-shift 13.9
6)[email protected] 1.988
7)[email protected] 1.910
8)xxxx miss-shift 13.9
didn't get the chance to get all my runs

overall i had fun at the track....i knew i should have ran 23" slicks and lsd but i decided last minute to run my car with a group of friends

my goal was to beat my 12.99 e.t. from my previous k20 setup,

after this i will be focusing on piecing a turbo kit together and fab up my own i/c pipings

in the end my motor and tranny and shifter cables held up to the abuse so i am happy worked out all the kinks with the setup....setup now is solid waiting for boost :)

any input would be great

·
Registered
327 Posts
So you made more power and torque on your k24a2, , but ran slower times comapred to the k20? I also noticed you trapped higher MPH on your old setup. I would think that your times might not be as good(more wheelspin from new setup), but your MPH would show greater potential?

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Dang you guys get a lot of seat time at your events!!! Down here in Socal its a freaking zoo at the track, last time I got 4 runs and miss shifted one. Your times are consisntant. That is good. I need more seat time to get my 60's down.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Dang you guys get a lot of seat time at your events!!! Down here in Socal its a freaking zoo at the track, last time I got 4 runs and miss shifted one. Your times are consisntant. That is good. I need more seat time to get my 60's down.
:up:

Yea most test and tune u can run many times. On wed nights it’s a mess to many cars. They should have separate events like for imports and domestic on different days. I am sure more people would come, also would require less staff.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the input i plan on getting lsd before i go boost i might get some 23s or 24s and head back one more time... kinda want to hit 12s again NA before the car goes under the knife again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts