Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i dont have much left on my k swap but getting people to help me is a problem. All I have left to do is plug up the hybrid harness and do the wiring for that. I have to put both of the sensors in (thermo and fan switch), I have fuel lines, clutch line, axles, little mod to radiator, mount shifter cables, run vaccum lines and heater hose, fluids, alternator/starter& battery cables, and put an intake on it. What kind of time span do you think that all of this could be done in? Also did your motors crank up on the 1st try? I have heard that you have to realy make sure your grounds are well grounded. I am trying to see if I can get this done by saturday. But I have school until 12:30 tomorrow and my friends have to work.

·
Banned
320 Posts
Personally I could do that in one day but I have done it several times so...

A good general rule is to do the most difficult parts, or those that require the most concentration, first. Two reasons why:
1. When you first start on the car you are fresher, not tired, and can concentrate better. Hooking up a heater core or a radiator hose doesn't require much concentration, wiring does (at least for me).
2. The easy shit will still make you tired. If you do a bunch of easy stuff and start to get tired, and then think, "damn I still have to do the hardest part" you will probably just stop. But if you are already done with the hard part and can think "only a couple little things left" you will probably get it done. Even though those "couple little things" may take a couple hours lol

Anyway that's what works for me at least. Oh and remember red bull is your friend.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well my friends helping me know a little more about cars than I do and one of them has done a motor swap before. I am not very confident with my wiring b/c I havnt done much, and I dont want to mess up my harness and have to get another. I was thinking of doing the shit that I know I can do and then letting them help me with the rest later today. I can run the fuel,cluch, and shifter lines easily I believe. I dont realy know how to go about making the starter/alternator wires, I have some wire that I am going to use but I guess I will take the tabs off of the rsx harness and put them on those wires.

Did your motors crank the the 1st try?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.