Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of now i have the stock K20A2 cable on mine:

It technically would work perfectly ( hooks to the pedal assembly just like the stock CX cable, fully opens the butterfly, no slack, etc. ). I'm just really anal about the aesthetic appearance of the engine bay, sue me. :p

Anyway...

Which throttle cable are you using? Did you have to mod it, or any other piece in anyway? (Which i would like to avoid)

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Get a lawyer :D I'd like to know as well before I do mine. I'm going to try and see if the one from my RSX is still usable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hey can you guys go back & state the engine (code) you have w/what cable you are using

a few months ago Brian G told me:

96 DX cable for jdm k20a
EP3 cable for usdm k20a2

whats the difference in appearance between GSR & 96+ DX???

Katman - looks real good, do you have a jdm k20a? nice spark plug cover BTW (hope you got a discount :p )

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
thanks =)

It's a K20-R and I had the v.cover powder 'krinkle' coated black to retain that factory look. That (new) Mugen carbon spark cover is just on there for a parts shoot I was doing for the JHPUSA website. I like it but I didn't buy it, costs waaaay too much $350!!!! I'll wait till a Rota version comes out :lol:

The P72/GSR throttle cable is from any 94-01 GSR vehicle and its obviously not as long as a 96-00 DX/CX throttle cable as seen in my image above :wink:

·
Registered
348 Posts
katman said:
thanks =)

It's a K20-R and I had the v.cover powder 'krinkle' coated black to retain that factory look. That (new) Mugen carbon spark cover is just on there for a parts shoot I was doing for the JHPUSA website. I like it but I didn't buy it, costs waaaay too much $350!!!! I'll wait till a Rota version comes out :lol: :wink:
ahha i know huh imma wait for the ebay special..! :lol:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
katman said:
Ditto.
I think its the perfect cable to use.
Does anyone know if the A2 and K20R share the same throttle cable bracket positioning? I have an A2 swap BTW.

I too have heard something similar to this:

a few months ago Brian G told me:

96 DX cable for jdm k20a
EP3 cable for usdm k20a2

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok ladies and gentlemen. The official word on using a GSR throttle cable on a K20A2 equipped 92-95 civic is:

IT DOES NOT WORK.

I just tried it and it is too short. I assume either the throttle cable bracket is closer to the TB, or the throttle rotor is a different circumference on the K20R.

The search continues...

·
My other car is a S2000
185 Posts
Just tried the B18 (LS-non VTEC) throttle cable on a K20a2 swap into a 1994 DC2. It DOES NOT work. It's about 1/4" to 1/2" too short.

I'm sticking with OEM DC5 throttle cable. Have to figure a way to clean up the appearance though.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
#2 said:
Ok ladies and gentlemen. The official word on using a GSR throttle cable on a K20A2 equipped 92-95 civic is:

IT DOES NOT WORK.

I just tried it and it is too short. I assume either the throttle cable bracket is closer to the TB, or the throttle rotor is a different circumference on the K20R.

The search continues...
That's a false statement because I'm using one - fits perfectly, as seen in my reply above.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok i have decided to revise my findings alittle:

#2 said:

IT DOES NOT WORK ***WITHOUT MODIFICATIONS***

The search continues.
I can't really go into specifics about it just yet... stay tuned.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im using the stock eg throttle cable with the k20a2 swap in my eg. I just recently put another TB on the intake manifold because my sensors were fucked, it ended up working very well that night, but in the morning when i went to start it, it idled HIGH AS SHIT, What spacer are you guys using for the throttle cable? i found one in a bucket of parts i have laying around. Thanks for the help

Peace

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Personally, I had a custom throttle cable bracket made from aluminum by a fellow hybrids.jp friend of mine.

In the next couple of weeks, this friend is going to make a run of these custom throttle cable brackets, which will allows one to use a shorter throttle cable - GSR throttle cable (or one of the same length) - with a K20 in EG/EK chassis using the Hasport mount kit. (I'm sure it'll work with the Hybrid Racing kit too).

Here's some pics:
(custom upper radiator bracket on the left there; using RSX rad in EG)

We haven't discussed pricing just yet, but I'm guessing it'll be in the $20 range.

He also made this EG/K20 thermo-heater switch bracket for me as well:

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/k20stuff/al.brackets3.jpg
http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/k20stuff/al.brackets4.jpg

I'm not sure if he's going to make these thermo switch brackets, as it was a slight pain to design, he might though. I'll keep ya posted..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.