Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All sarcasm aside. Running Kpro, do I really need all these sensors? TPS is a given, but what do the others do?

Yellow - TPS - mandatory to run
White - Has something to do with coolant, I plugged this on my older model GSR B series throttle body. Do I need to run this?
Red - What is this? Do I need to run this?
Blue - What is this? Do I need to run this?

·
Registered
228 Posts
You all have wrong....

White... IACV idle air control valve...need it, but its not a necessity to plug coolant hose if you dont planning to run your engine in cold wheather (something around -10 Celsius)

Bleu... EVAP Purge solenoid...you can bypass it with the Kpro with disable ODB2 sensors....

Red... MAP Manifold absolute Air Pressure...your car will never run without this one....

So the other guy switch de EVAP with the Map....

if you want to be sure, Map is a 3 pin sensor (potentiometer or Rheostat), need 5V current wire, ground wire and one for the signal .... so the MAP and the TPS have the same connector plug design

·
Registered
5 Posts
What are the negative effects of removing the EVAP purge valve? My car didn't come with one installed, just the open hole, which I've since covered with a bit of tape.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah the butterfly valve, the map sensor has to be behind that valve.. or else your map sensor wouldn't measure any difference if your valve is open or not...

So it can be behind the valve on the throttle body or on the manifold as long it is behind the butterfly valve entry.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah the butterfly valve, the map sensor has to be behind that valve.. or else your map sensor wouldn't measure any difference if your valve is open or not...

So it can be behind the valve on the throttle body or on the manifold as long it is behind the butterfly valve entry.
Coo, nice to know man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts