Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
KBuilt, you have a good eye 馃啓. When you check the cross points (5250 rpm for a ftlb-hp same scale diagram) you see there is something wrong in the OP's diagram. These engine setups have optimal VTEC, depending on exhaust and intake setup, between 4000-5000 rpm. OP's engine VTEC switch point is beyond that crossing point, despite the 50掳 VTC capability, which largely can lower VTEC switch point speed by advancing VTC. Either a failure in the diagram SW or a failure in the tune of the calibration.
Sorry for the late reply. I was noticing some weird pulls where VTEC would switch on late or not at all, or even switch off under WOT. Any ideas?

Motor has been bulletproof otherwise. Will try to find some dyno data for y鈥檃ll to take a look at, steve at atomic race works in spokane wa gave me the tune & built the car, super reputable dude.

Registered
97 civic HX K24a
Sorry for the late reply. I was noticing some weird pulls where VTEC would switch on late or not at all, or even switch off under WOT. Any ideas?

Motor has been bulletproof otherwise. Will try to find some dyno data for y鈥檃ll to take a look at, steve at atomic race works in spokane wa gave me the tune & built the car, super reputable dude.
Maybe hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge if you don鈥檛 have one already ? That seems odd. Unless there鈥檚 a wiring problem at the solenoid or the pin that goes into the ecu from the solenoid.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts