Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a question.

Is the thermal 3" exhaust 3 inches OD or ID? I have the exahust but its not here with me. I ordered a 3" magnaflow cat and it just arrived. I also ordered some 3" butt joint band clamps from summit... the same ones that are holding my pieced together thermal exhaust now. Problem is, this cat is aparently 3" ID and in no shape or form do these same band clamps i have on my thermal fit around this magnaflow cat!

So is the thermal actualy 3" OD? Will is slip fit into the cat?

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Is the Thermal 3" catback loud? Will a high flow cat help lower the exhaust tone? I want my RSX to sound like a G35 or G37 !! Is this possible !!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The VQ engines have a VERY distinctive sound to them. I used to have a 350z and i could here one comming to this day without even looking. I have the 3" Thermal with no cat right now. Its fairly moderate when cruising or idleing. Sounds quiet. But as soon as you hit the gas it pops and screams very very loud. A cop with his window down will hear ya 3 miles away.

·
Registered
811 Posts
The VQ engines have a VERY distinctive sound to them. I used to have a 350z and i could here one comming to this day without even looking. I have the 3" Thermal with no cat right now. Its fairly moderate when cruising or idleing. Sounds quiet. But as soon as you hit the gas it pops and screams very very loud. A cop with his window down will hear ya 3 miles away.
Chill. I don't need the harassment

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.