Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you don't know me here, for those that do, keep the bs out of here please and thanks.

Name's Branden, and I live in Phoenix AZ. Have had the RSX for over 2 and a half years now and have done basic stuff to it. I/H/E/RBC, and wanted more.

So....here we go...

K24a4 Block - Was told it came out of a running accord but it sounded funny so they yanked it.

Got it to my moms where I will be yanking everything off and accumulating parts with the help of a good friend of mine.

Got the head off and I already knew the issue just looking at the head...

Valve got stuck open....

On to the rest of the block...cylinder walls on all of them are nasty, along with the pistons...

The combustion chamber/valves don't look much better...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plans/Goals for this?
In terms of hp/tq, lap times, 1/4 times?

For this I have a hp/tq goal in mind, as what I'm planning on doing has been done with very similar results. Block itself will be capable of 300whp/250tq, that has been dyno'd on multiple dyno's all with numbers around there (294/249, 302/245, etc. etc.) It's really going to depend on how far I want to push the head...Blueprint stage 3's made those numbers on 93 I believe it was (maybe E85 but not 100% sure), if I decide to go with a similar cam (tho I'm planning on BP stage 2's in the beginning just to see what the difference is when I switch and I'm getting a good deal on it) such as Kelford B's, DC's or something I honestly don't know what it will do.

The goal for the RSX has always been a 13.5 pass All Motor, full interior, maybe throw out the spare tire, and possibly with slicks. Since I've already hit 14.08 and 14.09 I know 13's is possible with how she sits (maybe some better tires and replacing some bushings which I already have ready to go in) on a cold winter night but I would re street tune it for that.

Obviously with the increased hp/tq I would be there, but I want to do it with the k20 first before I go head on for 12's and then I would get dyno'd before that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts