Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

241 - 248 of 248 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,691 Posts
How does one have too much oil pressure at start up?
When the sensor read correctly there must have been a flow obstacle. When the VTEC valve is closed, Joe stated 1/10th of pressure can be measured beyond the VTEC valve of the oil. That means there is one obstacle, the other one must be in the main oil gallery. E.g. by an metal object in the gallery, causing higher pressure before the bearings (= sensor pressure increases) and less oil flow at the main and journal bearings...just as a hypothesis :twocents:

Chunky' Revival is awaited...where is this guy?

·
Registered
363 Posts
You know chunky´? If so and you meet him say him greetings, his comments and knowhow are missed here! If my DAMPFHAMMER build fails, I need his address :D. I followed his recommendation for Mahle pistons.
We connected for a cam installation years ago when I still had a Honda. We kept in touch for a while but unfortunately I've not spoken to him in years. Looks like he got busy with life. As you can probably tell he is a sharp guy, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing great things these days.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,691 Posts
We connected for a cam installation years ago when I still had a Honda. We kept in touch for a while but unfortunately I've not spoken to him in years. Looks like he got busy with life. As you can probably tell he is a sharp guy, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing great things these days.
Mmmhhh...I read more his comments as chatting with him directly via K20a.org posting. But he was or is definitely an engineer with passion for details in theory and practice. If you know how I can contact him, I would appreciate it.

241 - 248 of 248 Posts