Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Nice build! How are you finding the plm manifold and downpipe? Are they a good fit? And is the piping 3in with just a 2.5in flange As I am interested in getting one.
Keep up the progress
The manifold is for a k20a2 or k20a3. Its a tight fit on a k24a2, since the cylinder head has the radiator hose and heater core hose on the side of the head. As for the downpipe, If you are using a 2.5 exhaust outlet on your turbo it might be a direct fit. For me im using a 3" Garrett 35r, so the upper down pipe has to be remade. It really depends on what engine you are using.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Just a lil update...

I have the car up at stage 6 motorsports and they are redoing my downpipe and dump tube. That was way to hard for me to do in that tight ass engine bay. I dont wanna destroy anymore materials. Ive already tried it once and is by far a son of a gun. I should have it back soon. Then some dyno time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Well the intercooler is one I found on ebay searching for end tanks on the same side. Its a 27"x11"x3" intercooler. I made my own mounting brackets for it out of aluminium.

·
Registered
108 Posts
hi mate, good build, doing everything pretty much the way im doing it apart from im using a slightly smaller turbo.

did you have any issues with the downpipe or waste pipe fouling against the heater control box?

i havnt started my build yet and im crapping myself that im going to run into problems with space down the back. im using a a k20a2 so should have a bit more space.

any chance of some photos of down the back of your engine please? would like to see how you have routed everything?

is that 334bhp whp too?

41 - 60 of 69 Posts