Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

The New J37 ZDX Measured,Installed,Tested and Dynoed with facts and specs.

69K views 162 replies 28 participants last post by  Fandi_Alias 
#1 ·
Hey all and I am here to bring you all the facts and comparison with the J37 TB and the J35 TB that Rich was too lazy to do :p.So come on over and support our guys at Autofair for all your OEM parts and if you like the intake you can find them here VersionCustoms.com

My mods during tests on my FA5:
Motor-stock
Exhaust-Invidia Q300 catback
Header-Kidd race
Intake-3.5 CAI intake vs 4"
Pulley-RZ pulley kit
Injectors-stock
Tune solution-Flashpro

Facts:
1) J35 inlet ID 67mm/J37 inlet ID 78mm
2) J35 outlet ID 64mm/J37 outlet ID 69mm
3) P2R adapter plate inlet ID 75mm and outlet ID 65mm which you can port match to 70mm like me.
4) Silicone couplers and reducers should be 3.25" the fit J37 inlet nice and snogged.
5) I have gained 3whp Just by this J37 upgrade but note I was not able to test the J37 before honing the RBC.

First up a comparison between the J35 and the new J37 ZDX inside diameter.

I had Honed out my Intake Manifold RBC inlet to 70mm prior to getting the J37 and then I did the same to the P2R adapter plate from 65mm to 70mm it all turned out great!

3.5 intakes is no match for this bad boy whose your bitch now 3.5s.

I cant say the same for my Ultimate 4.0 CAI intake.

This is how you would setup the vacuum line for the evap and brake booster,you can use a T or Y fitting.

Dyno after tune was complete with my 3.5 intake + J35 TB

Dyno with same tune and 3.5 intake + J37 TB

Recent dyno with my 4" intake + J37 TB and on the same tune no revision.

See less See more
#7 ·
Thank you lenval. I think the midrange with the j37 is insane even on same tune. I wonder where they dip off with the 37 is caused by. I would think the dip could be because of cam phasing. Theoretically the 37 should make far more top end than these dynos are showing.

#12 ·
i think you really need to discuss that intake more, I think the data acquired from that test is far more significant than the info acquired from the j35 vs the j37, as the second batch of information is applicable to every n/a car on this forum rather than just the dbw cars

#13 ·
I also have spoken with maxbore and they can bore the j37 to 78x74. only thing stopping me is trying to figure out if my rrc will tolerate a 74 mm inlet without crumbling. I have been contempleting doin it then using the aluma weld we spoke about to seal it back up and doing it that way

#20 ·
Rich I am very curious to see what a port matched 72mm RRC has to offer.....? well I might soon find out in a couple weeks then :rolleyes:.My last setup with the J35+3.5 CAI only gave me 204Whp and after I added the RRC and revised my tune I only saw 2whp gain :down: so lets see what this sucker has to offer this time around.:cool:

#31 ·
That's a J35 right?

you don't need to port an RRC for a J35,it's perfect as is.

#33 ·
I just bought one from ryan a couple weeks ago and Im still waiting to install it because I want to bore my rrc and adapter. Although the adapter does taper I want the full flow :silly: Also I can't tune so I don't want to mess with the current tune I have on it. I need to put my rdx's in and get a bigger exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.