Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
alot of these have been sold, im hoping to see more dyno graphs on different engine setups. Rich wants one on his EVO X
shoulda kepta honda

:whiner:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
hahaha too bad :Ookay: even though I am looking a IX for the weekends :hide:

·
Registered
441 Posts
alot of these have been sold, im hoping to see more dyno graphs on different engine setups. Rich wants one on his EVO X
Below is a picture of my dyno done at CMR (Chris Miller Racing) on Long Island. I have a full bolt on 6-6 3.0L Accord. The blue line is my previous dyno with my ported IM/stock TB. The green line shows the gains from swapping the gasket matched 3.7 IM/3.7 TB maxbored/polished runners. I am still untuned.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Now that some good power 10HP and 8TQ,so you port matched the intake manifold to how much 70mm?.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks man, but 10? :wwhat: You mean 15 lol.

The intake manifold neck is already 76mm, even larger than the TB could be bored to. The TB is bored to 81mm/72mm. For the J30a5, it goes TB/intake manifold/lower runners/head(s). So I got the lower 6 ports of the manifold gasket matched to the lower runners because the gasket was identical to the polished runner size. Wanted a smooth transition.

Plus I'm still on the 3" CAI, so the throttle body is larger than my intake. I should have the 3.5" CAI by the time I go back to the track in October/November, so should see another 4-5whp across the powerband.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Sorry my Bad I read it wrong looking at your power at 6200 rpms but that's great numbers man and I will be heading to the dyno too in a couple of weeks after I install my stage 2 cams and valvetrain.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks man and good stuff. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Just an update,I have got a set of stage 2 IPS K2 cams, RDX injectors and waiting on the RBC I bought from Autofair( super sonic shipping:up:) last week to cut it and port it but I will be doing a base dyno run on a dynojet with the ZDX/j37 tb and j35 tb then post results.
After porting the RBC and installing the cams I will be teaming up with Brian a local tuner to fine tune the puppy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just an update,I have got a set of stage 2 IPS K2 cams, RDX injectors and waiting on the RBC I bought from Autofair( super sonic shipping:up:) last week to cut it and port it but I will be doing a base dyno run on a dynojet with the ZDX/j37 tb and j35 tb then post results.
After porting the RBC and installing the cams I will be teaming up with Brian a local tuner to fine tune the puppy!
Im Gonna wait desperately for those results, base map and The aftershave cams and túne as u have The sabe cams, tb, intake, (but a RRC, instead of the RBC) all to get installed, but im Gonna have to wait a couple moré months before u can do it.
Keep us updated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
That's great but try and get a base line dyno that way you can see the gains.

·
Registered
42 Posts
just an update,i have got a set of stage 2 ips k2 cams, rdx injectors and waiting on the rbc i bought from autofair( super sonic shipping:up:) last week to cut it and port it but i will be doing a base dyno run on a dynojet with the zdx/j37 tb and j35 tb then post results.
After porting the rbc and installing the cams i will be teaming up with brian a local tuner to fine tune the puppy!
any news on this?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
After a complete tune the car was making 248whp on 93 octane with 3.5 cai,j35 tb and 2.75 exhaust then we tested the zdx tb and the 4.0 Cai untuned and the difference was marginal in the top end just 247whp,we lost a little mid which could be tuned a little bit.Some how the engine didn't want the extra air that the TB and Intake provided due to exhaust restrictions and I would of love to do some more variants though like zdx tb + 3.5 cai and j35tb + 4.0 cai.I will be heading back to the dyno to do some of these tests.

·
Registered
42 Posts
After a complete tune the car was making 248whp on 93 octane with 3.5 cai,j35 tb and 2.75 exhaust then we tested the zdx tb and the 4.0 Cai untuned and the difference was marginal in the top end just 247whp,we lost a little mid which could be tuned a little bit.Some how the engine didn't want the extra air that the TB and Intake provided due to exhaust restrictions and I would of love to do some more variants though like zdx tb + 3.5 cai and j35tb + 4.0 cai.I will be heading back to the dyno to do some of these tests.
Studioface, how have you been doing?
any more news about the setup?

Thanks

121 - 140 of 163 Posts