Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
Looking at your chassis, I would just leave the motor stock for now, and upgrade to an LSD if you don't already have one. When the chassis is sorted, and you want to increase the revs, then the RDX injectors may be needed to keep the duty cycle down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
3 days still waiting..

K24a1 (All original Crv sensors)type s harness do pins need to be changed in order for vtc spool sensor to work properply noticed part number are diffrent???

Help me out k20

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
3 days still waiting..

K24a1 (All original Crv sensors)type s harness do pins need to be changed in order for vtc spool sensor to work properply noticed part number are diffrent???

Help me out k20
This is a k24a1 longblock or a frank build?

Just de-pin the clips from the type s harness and re-pin with the CRV ones and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a k24a1 longblock or a frank build?

Just de-pin the clips from the type s harness and re-pin with the CRV ones and you should be good to go.
What order do i repin them do just look at the crv harness an see where the wire colors go in which pin. I got a code of vtc malfunction and I'm guessing wiring is diffrent on type s harness as the part number is diffrent I need some guidance.please thanks for the reply man.

Full k24a1

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
I read one of the olDer post u stated crv tps and rsx type s are diff I'm running a rsx type s tb and imo on my k24a1.should I buy the type s tps ?
If you are using a K20A2 wiring harness, then you will need to use the K20A2 sensor.
Use a multimeter to pin it out.
Should just need to swap the outside wires, but check it with a multimeter.
3 days still waiting..

Help me out k20
If the part number is different, the sensor is different. Change the sensor to match your wiring harness and ECU.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So your saying buy type s tps then I need to swap out pins because I'm using the o2 crv ecu ppa? If I'm using a 02-04 type s harness &type s tps what's the need of repin?

·
Registered
44,673 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok so i was on vaca just got back.

I dug up the orignal crv engine harness and started to Go threw each clip and verify colors of the wire.I found a mistake on my part.One of the cam sensors wires were criss crossed but it didnt throw a code for it Before.Just threw a vtc malfunction And i also Tested that just using a bike battery and found that my Vtc (Timing) was Sh*t.I tryed Another Vtc And walah It works.

Still Need To order tps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw a few guys on here ask the same question but haven't seen much of a definite answer. Just trying to clear things up for myself before I go buy the part. I have a K24a4 (element) bottom end and a K20A2 head. I got the K24 complete with all the sensors and harness. From my understanding, all the sensors from the K24 head should swap over to the K20 except for the knock sensor and the k24 cps plug just needs to be re pinned onto the k20 harness. Is this correct? I won't need to purchase a k20 vtc solenoid or any other sensors? All help is appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I saw a few guys on here ask the same question but haven't seen much of a definite answer. Just trying to clear things up for myself before I go buy the part. I have a K24a4 (element) bottom end and a K20A2 head. I got the K24 complete with all the sensors and harness. From my understanding, all the sensors from the K24 head should swap over to the K20 except for the knock sensor and the k24 cps plug just needs to be re pinned onto the k20 harness. Is this correct? I won't need to purchase a k20 vtc solenoid or any other sensors? All help is appreciated. Thank you
Yes, you need a k20a/k20z knock sensor. For the CPS, either K24A1 CRV IIRC or the k20a2 for sure. For simplicity, id use either of the two.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just called up honda and i asked what was the part number for vtc on a 02 he said rbb i said that cant be cause i have a rbb in there now and it dosent work.So im ganna order the type s part number PNB?

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
Just called up honda and i asked what was the part number for vtc on a 02 he said rbb i said that cant be cause i have a rbb in there now and it dosent work.So im ganna order the type s part number PNB?
Have you double checked that the sensor is clean?

He may have given you the 05-06 MY part number.

Just a thought...The older sensors are almost 10 years old now, so they may not be stocked in all of the dealerships. He may need to check the nationwide database.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
:google::google: <---Use that to search, very helpful.

The Type S VTC part # is 15830-PNC-003 (VALVE ASSY., VTC OIL CONTROL)

81 - 100 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.