Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
You'd need to ask someone who's done it. I'll call a few friends that have done TSX swaps to see what they've done. I believe they used RSX-S sensors but I'll give em a call anyway.

-Froth

·
Registered
77 Posts
Basically? Yes. The bolded sensors are what is KNOWN to work with an RSX-S harness and the unbolded things need to either be re-pinned to work or have a plug switched out from the stock harness. The VTC Spool valve and Oil Control Valve however I am unsure of, If anyone can clear it up that would be fantastic.
can my ep3 engine harness work on the k20/24:confused:

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Hey Froth, I was wondering if you could "(Compatible)" to above items that are known to be compatible. I'm guessing the weird angled exhaust TDC sensor is compatible with the RSX harness. And what about the 06+ Si's MAP sensor? Compatible?

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Hey Froth! I noticed you didn't update your first page with my findings on the Oil Pressure Sensor back in late November.
That's because Honda's oil pressure sensor design hasn't changed since about 1990 or so. The different part numbers are strictly for different makers of the sensor be it TEC/Denso/Fasco Controls etc... If you order a sensor by a single part number from TEC/Denso/Faso Controls you will get the same sensor and it will work with the block you're using. The reason I never bothered doing the Oil pressure sensors is because A- they nearly never fail B- They almost NEVER leave the block even when sold as a shortblock and C- Almost ANY Oil pressure Sender from Honda will work. They're a simple fail safe design, if oil pressure drops below 10psi they will kick the oil light on in your instrument cluster. They really don't do much else. If I recall correctly Honda has used the same 1/4" BPT (British Pipe Threads) fitting for the Oil pressure Sender for nearly 20 years.

-Froth
I mentioned that because the 06 Civic Si oil pressure sensor is incompatible with the oil pressure sensors in all of the earlier K-series engines. Completely different connector.

·
Registered
171 Posts
any onfo on rewiring the K24 TSX crank angle position sensor to work with the K20 harness?
I'd like to know the same as I plan on wiring a Kpro into my TSX and I know the sensor is different and therefore I will need to compensate for it in my harness.

Thanks, Marc

·
Registered
367 Posts
Can someone answer him? I want ot know too.

Can I use rsx base vtec spool / k24A1 for my k24/k20 swap?
need an answer too please about the VTC Spool valve assembly on a K20/k24 frank build also will 310 injectors be sufficient enough on a stock frank?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ive read this whole thread and im hoping i got it right but ill ask anyways...

I have a k20/k24 and it has a k24 knock sensor in it right now. But when i ran the charge harness i relized my a2 charge harness doesnt fit the k24 knock sensor..Now i have a k20a2 knock sensor in m other motor, can i use my k20 knock sensor and everything be ok???

·
Registered
515 Posts
yeah if you see the list on the first page you need the k20 knock sensor or you could spice the wire and use the k24 one but why go through the trouble when you have the k20 one already right. Just check the part number versus the one in the list.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I am just now getting to starting mine I get into project then stat another so forget a lot plus old as hell
Got K24a2 RSX trans and both wire looms Hondata ECU and Hybrid kit car loom and Micron dash.
This is a great thread but is there a speed corse in how to 101 I will pay for help.
Maybe pictures back and forth?

61 - 80 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.