Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
99blackcivicsi said:
You apparently don't listen you are stuck in your ways about your right everyone else is wrong. I tried helping you out but no that didn't work, have fun breaking shit on the street, jackass
You sound like an idiot.

If they don't take your advice, and their shit breaks, shame on them. If they're willing to try it out, and they prove you wrong - shut the fuck up and sit in your corner.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
99blackcivicsi said:
You apparently don't listen you are stuck in your ways about your right everyone else is wrong. I tried helping you out but no that didn't work, have fun breaking shit on the street, jackass
You like attacking moderators?

Not wise at all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
dude, stop w/ the threats i have talked to a few mods on this board (and am close friends w/ one of them) and u sir are an asshole i don't like you, how about this i leave you along you leave me along, deal? if not we can keep this up no problems here

92gsr said:
99blackcivicsi stop being a jerk. you can express your feelings on this board without attacking people and cursing.
Maybe if yo have been on here for a while you would know everything, he has been on my ass since he started on this site.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
99blackcivicsi said:
dude, stop w/ the threats i have talked to a few mods on this board (and am close friends w/ one of them) and u sir are an asshole i don't like you, how about this i leave you along you leave me along, deal? if not we can keep this up no problems here

92gsr said:
99blackcivicsi stop being a jerk. you can express your feelings on this board without attacking people and cursing.
Maybe if yo have been on here for a while you would know everything, he has been on my ass since he started on this site.

You have no clue, those mods are my friend too, and you continue to call names + I have nothing against you paranoia.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ight now people.. just drop it and quit acting like we're on h-t... i like this board for the fact that people know how to act civil and ask questions and state opinions w/o getting flamed by little ******* punks that like to skeet all over themselves. keep k20a.org from turning into a shithole..

just drop it.. it aint that serious.. everyone's entitled to a opinion. we're trying to talk about axles here, not personal crap.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
nsxtcy21 said:
ight now people.. just drop it and quit acting like we're on h-t... i like this board for the fact that people know how to act civil and ask questions and state opinions w/o getting flamed by little ******* punks that like to skeet all over themselves. keep k20a.org from turning into a shithole..

just drop it.. it aint that serious.. everyone's entitled to a opinion. we're trying to talk about axles here, not personal crap.
exactly dude. thats perfectly said man, this thread got jacked soo long ago, and the whole point was to just show what happened with my axles on my k swap, and it got toally jacked, take your drama to ht guys :oops:

·
Banned
320 Posts
99blackcivicsi said:
Sorry buddy but what is chromoly do you know why they don't recommend chromoly to use on the street because it cracks plz i'm not the one looking like a fool i have been around imports for a long time and been around cars since i was born, so plz don't attepmt to bash when it is you that looks like an idiot thank you
OK not only do I have to disagree with you about this, but don't come on here being an asshole, his reply was perfectly civic, no need to call him a "fool" and and "idiot" this isn't HT bro.

Anyway why don't you go pull off your stock spindle and look at it, then look at those pics. Have you ever fabbed a set of spindles before? I doubt it, although I could be wrong. I have - chromoly spindles as well as a few titanium ones, and I have done both fully CNC machined spindles as well as fabricated/machined combos. All programming and machining I did myself.

Yes chromoly has a different fatigue cycle (I forget if that is the correct term but if you are such a fab expert you will know what I mean) than mild steel. And titanium is different still. But tons of racecars run chromoly spindles, as well as desert race trucks and desert buggies. I have built chromoly spindles for a desert race truck that preran the Baja 1000 and then raced it 2 weeks later with my spindles. No problems during 2000+ miles of incredibly hard pounding and punishment. And those spindles are still on the truck 2 years and 15000+ off road miles later.

Maybe you are thinking of cages. Don't make the mistake of thinking that what is true for chromoly tubing is true for solid chromoly fabricated components. Chromoly cages do have a tendency to crack, this is because chromoly loses its ductility when heated by welding. It must be normalized by heat treatment to restore ductility. This is impossible with an installed cage but is always done with spindles, control arms, etc by experienced fabricators.

BTW Moore Performance/Nitro Drivelines builds parts for winning racers in NHRA Pro Stock and Top Fuel. I'm glad you've "been around" race cars your whole life - have any cars using components with your name on them been winning top-level motorsports competitions lately?

Sorry to be so harsh but you don't need to be online spreading misinformation. I've never met the Moore/Nitro guys, but that stuff looks like a lot of work went into it. They can lose a lot of money because someone reads your post and thinks "ok I don't want that, it will break on the street".[/u]

·
Registered
599 Posts
My understanding for not allowing Chromoly cages is the process of building one requires annealing the entire cage after the cage is welded in. The process is a little beyond the ability or resources of most racers. If you don't you run the risk of weakening the cage even though the Chromoly is stronger. The problem isn't always with the initial impact too, it's secondary and tertiary impacts which can ofter occur.

As for Chromoly axles, constructed properly, they are stronger.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.