Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if this sounds funny its just because its a few weeks old but its a post of mine from another board.

its when i got my car back from california and the axle probs i had

well at the shop last saturday night as im picking up the car right away the axle is fucked (right side) after watching them pull th axle off 3 times and weld the axles, im on my way home.

5 mins from my exit i hear a pop and the next morning i see grease all over the damn place.

after that i was told that the bseries axle will work, so ill call up a buddy of mine to get this done. He even has the axle at his palce already, so we throw it in and go for a ride, at first fine. then pushing it semi hard from 1rst to 2nd, once again pop. as you can see in the pics down farther the b/axle is too short

ohh but im getting ahead of myself here, this is all done after we had to drill a hole in the subframe to push the nut back up onto the main bolt for the front lca. and dealing with the power issues at the main fuse block, and a new battery,

so after all that. the axle snaps in 5 minutes,

day2 called hasport and they told my the axle setup that i had is close to working but there is no stock honda axle application that will hold up for along time, if even at all. (super props to hasport from talking to me on the phone for along ass time, just helping me out)

had my old lady pix up the new axles from hasport and joser and i got fuckign cracking on them at about 730, had both changed by 830 and were back on the road,
feeling the k at 8600.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohh yeah, and the end of this story is the axles have held up great since ive had them in! and ive beat on them a little bit too, lol

well see how they hold up on the roadcourse this fall!

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
eternalek said:
what no info on those, who makes them ?
Nitro Drive line, but it will be special order for the inner pieces.
Able to withstand 1000hp chrome moly steel steering knuckle 6lbs lighter too.

The Moore Performance system includes two chrome-moly knuckles complete with bearings and four- or five-lug hubs, two axles, spool, complete front brake system and intermediate shaft. All these components are designed as factory replacement pieces to fit most popular Hondas.

The replacement knuckle is constructed of 4130 chrome-moly and is a direct replacement unit. The piece is 6 lbs. lighter and the chrome-moly makes it just as strong, if not stronger than the OEM knuckle. The lightness of the knuckle is an added benefit of the piece, as its main purpose is to accept the larger 930 outer CV joint. This larger unit is unable to clear the factory ball joint. The new knuckle drops the lower ball joint by 0.25 inches, which also aids in straightening the lower control arm.

OEM axle spline density comes in at 1.125 x 28-spline, while the Moore Performance axle is rated 1.4375 x 33-spline. OEM axle shafts were also swapped in favor of 300M 1.4375 units. With the larger shafts, added weight was the only problem with the new units, so Moore Performance rifle bored the axles, adding much more strength and less weight to the system.

The 300M material is only a portion of its durability because 80 percent of its strength comes from the special Moore Performance heat-treating. Axle shafts, spool and CV joints have all received this treatment and it's the key to the components' strength.

Moore Performance
(619) 296-9180

·
Registered
929 Posts
where did you get your axles from the OEM???

I have mine from K20eg and I have a K20a in an EG.

Hope mine don't break soon. :evil:

·
Registered
44 Posts
all i can say is buying those axles for street use is FUCKING STUPID have fun braking shit, you will find out what i mean after you get them.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
99blackcivicsi said:
all i can say is buying those axles for street use is FUCKING STUPID have fun braking shit, you will find out what i mean after you get them.
99blackcivicSI, talking about things you dont know? Your just making yourself look stupid. They are for street use and there also OEM replacements.
I dont know what so fucking stupid about buying stronger axles and steering knuckles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry buddy but what is chromoly do you know why they don't recommend chromoly to use on the street because it cracks plz i'm not the one looking like a fool i have been around imports for a long time and been around cars since i was born, so plz don't attepmt to bash when it is you that looks like an idiot thank you

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
99blackcivicsi said:
Sorry buddy but what is chromoly do you know why they don't recommend chromoly to use on the street because it cracks plz i'm not the one looking like a fool i have been around imports for a long time and been around cars since i was born, so plz don't attepmt to bash when it is you that looks like an idiot thank you
Right the 1000hp rated axles, cracking on street use :roll: .

Chromoly he says the material thats also used on rod bolts and mains and rods themselves with some grades at 190,000 psi.

4130 tensile strength 95,000 psi, more than twice that of 6061 T6 aluminum.

·
Registered
44 Posts
wow sorry didn't know i was talking to a fucking genious, do you know why cromoly isn't recomended for cages in STREET APPS! same reason i DON"T recomend them for suspension because it is brittle and BUMPS on the road WILL crack it. Don't listen to me buy whatever you want i just don't think it is work the money on a !STREET! car.

On a lighter note Mark Williams drivetrains has a better setup IMO same type of axles but comes w brakes also for about the same price as Rob's stuff. Great for the track not for the street. Just trying to save you a headache later on

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
99blackcivicsi said:
wow sorry didn't know i was talking to a fucking genious, do you know why cromoly isn't recomended for cages in STREET APPS! same reason i DON"T recomend them for suspension because it is brittle and BUMPS on the road WILL crack it. Don't listen to me buy whatever you want i just don't think it is work the money on a !STREET! car.

On a lighter note Mark Williams drivetrains has a better setup IMO same type of axles but comes w brakes also for about the same price as Rob's stuff. Great for the track not for the street. Just trying to save you a headache later on
You need to stop cursing excessively.

Right... and the stock ones are stronger :?

These are for Road Racing, Street, Pro Drag hondas etc. No news on them breaking from so called ''bumps'', in NHRA prodrag/Roadracing racing there is more serious shocks, bumps and serious loads than from the street .
The Racers that are using his driveling components are faster than they were before.

Lots of good news. I know what you mean about the brittleness about chromemoly (this is 2004) metal like this after being machined on should be cyrogenically treated. :roll:

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
There's a passage I got memorized,
seems appropriate for this
situation: Ezekiel 25:17. "The path
of the righteous man is beset on
all sides by the inequities of the
selfish and the tyranny of evil
men. Blessed is he who, in the
name of charity and good will,
shepherds the weak through the