Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys. I’m running a SpeedFactory tucked radiator in my EK turbo hatch and I just can’t seem to get the temps down. I’m not sure if it’s just me or what. I recently removed the thermostat and bled system good. My temps cruising have reached 195-200 on a 85 degree day. I have an oem water pump. I went this route thinking it would be better than a half size radiator 🤷🏾‍♂️ Would an electric water pump help out? Any suggestions is always appreciated 🙏🏾🙏🏾

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,530 Posts
What’s up guys. I’m running a SpeedFactory tucked radiator in my EK turbo hatch and I just can’t seem to get the temps down. I’m not sure if it’s just me or what. I recently removed the thermostat and bled system good. My temps cruising have reached 195-200 on a 85 degree day. I have an oem water pump. I went this route thinking it would be better than a half size radiator 🤷🏾‍♂️ Would an electric water pump help out? Any suggestions is always appreciated 🙏🏾🙏🏾
Have you forced your fans on to feel the airflow ? Is your bumper cut out to leave the front mount unblocked ? Sometimes those tucked radiators can heat soak the intercooler. You’re using the spal fans that come with the kit ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you forced your fans on to feel the airflow ? Is your bumper cut out to leave the front mount unblocked ? Sometimes those tucked radiators can heat soak the intercooler. You’re using the spal fans that come with the kit ?
What’s up man. I didn’t cut the front bumper, still sits stock I’ll add a picture. I changed the fans temp to come on at 180 and I had the spal fans but I upgraded to some that move more air. Full size radiator maybe? I’m not running a thermostat right now. These temps just keep creeping.
Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya it should be able to keep temp with the hood on. Especially with the grill letting all the air in as well. Do the fans stop the temp from rising at all ?
Some what but they get up there. I was on hyw, did a few pulls and saw temps get to 203. Stayed there for a bit then came down slightly. Are you saying I should cut my middle out?

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,530 Posts
Not necessarily, it looks like you have a nice bumper 😅 you could try distilled water and water wetter. I’ve seen it help a turbo car keep temps more regular in the hot weather /doing pulls. It’s really not going to like it when summer hits lol depending where you live.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not necessarily, it looks like you have a nice bumper 😅 you could try distilled water and water wetter. I’ve seen it help a turbo car keep temps more regular in the hot weather /doing pulls. It’s really not going to like it when summer hits lol depending where you live.
Summers here in Atlanta are brutal, 100+ degrees easy. I added some of that waterwetter but I guess some more won’t hurt 🤔 might be a fall, winter, spring car 🤣🤣 upgrades during the summer 🤔🤣

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I feel like you are getting air trapped in the radiator and in the lower radiator hose before the thermostat.
I had that feeling before removing my thermostat. I vacuumed the system and also ran it for a while after with a funnel. My bff is giving me his Ktuned electric water pump setup. I’ll just have to get the pump. I’m planning to run this and see where we at. Since he’s famous now….

1 - 13 of 13 Posts