Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a eg with a k20 swap and my temp gauge is not working. My heater never gets hot and my fan doesn't seem to turn on. I'm using hasport radiator hose insert with rsx radiator. The insert is in the lower radiator hose. The thermostat and water pump is brand new. right now i'm running without a thermostat. I have no kpro, i'm just using the stock ecu with the mobolizer k. Is it okay to make the fan run constantly..

· Registered
184 Posts
The thermostat and water pump is brand new. right now i'm running without a thermostat. ..... Is it okay to make the fan run constantly..

Take your brand new thermostat and put it in your motor and I bet it will come up to operating temperature.

And no, its not ok to make your fan run all the time. Get a thermostat and it will more than likely fix all these problems. :up:

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'd already install the new thermostat and still its not working...i ground the wire that goes to the temp sensor and my gauge went all the way to hot, so i'm guessing all the wires are correct..i'm just clueless right now

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay i'm lost here. does the temp gauge need a ground or the fan switch? the temp gauge only has one wire that goes to the sensor, and if you ground that, the temp gauge will stay at hot. I'm not sure but i think ur probaly talking about the fan switch which i already ground it...sry if im wrong

· Premium Member
3,173 Posts
yeah you have to ground the insert to complete the connection that's why when you ground the sensor wire it goes to hot...that's how that temp sensor works. you need a ground for the sensor the housing is used as a ground as it's usually bolted to the block which is already grounded. where your insert is it has no ground at all and you need to run a ground wire to it!

simple circuit, wire going to sensor is + and you have no ground to complete the circuit. ground the insert itsefl not the wire understand??

the temp sensor works by heat it's a thermistor which means it changes resistance by it's temp

the fan switch is just that a switch and it's should already be wired to your jumper harness

· Premium Member
4,245 Posts
The fan switch completes a circuit, so I'm pretty sure it is not correct to just wire a pin to ground.

If unsure, stick a paper clip or piece of wire in the fan switch connector on the wire harness. This should jump the circuit and make the fan come on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.