Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Which one

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tryna get new coils for DD, currently on mugen SS but I think they’re blown. Sounds like it’s bottoming out every time I hit a bump. Looking at new setup for the RSX.. I want reliability, comfort, performance, price in that order. Which is the best bang for the buck ?

Tein Street Basis - $850+ taxes
Tein Street Advance - $1000+ taxes
Stock front shocks - $60
KTuned K1 - $1200 no taxes
Koni Shocks & Springs ~ $1300+ taxes
Mugen SS USED 60K KM - $850 no taxes
Type R suspension USED 75K KM - $450 no taxes

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had amrs w/swift springs for 8 years and 240k, i loved em, then got a set of dc5r oe struts/springs to put on when I needed 1 of the amrs to be rebuilt and wished I had done that from the start. One of my best friends said I should go that route before I purchased the amrs, and the c*nt was spot on. fwiw the amrs were the best coil I've owned, I've had FA and s2, none lasted as long nor were as smooth, within reason, for a coilover. Now my amrs just sit in a box in storage, maybe one day I'll break them out when I need to replace/rebuild my oem dc5rs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had amrs w/swift springs for 8 years and 240k, i loved em, then got a set of dc5r oe struts/springs to put on when I needed 1 of the amrs to be rebuilt and wished I had done that from the start. One of my best friends said I should go that route before I purchased the amrs, and the c*nt was spot on. fwiw the amrs were the best coil I've owned, I've had FA and s2, none lasted as long nor were as smooth, within reason, for a coilover. Now my amrs just sit in a box in storage, maybe one day I'll break them out when I need to replace/rebuild my oem dc5rs.
I went with the type R and actually not regretting it too much. It’s a bit high but the comfort of the springs just makes daily driving so much better. Thanks for the suggestion 👍👍

·
Registered
58 Posts
you can never go wrong with OE, especially when it comes to a DD option. cool thing is those mugens are high quality, so if you ever want to go back, just have them rebuilt. but as far as performance, i feel like turn in is just as crisp, and that i dont have to worry about hitting my asp header or oil pan on road debris / rocks etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts