Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this might have been gone over before but i really need some answers.

I have a 2k1 civic coupe. I dropped a K20 in it and turbo charged it.
I pulled some codes about running lean. Which it was cuasing like a bog. now it wont let me push the car past 4k aka start of boost. so I imagine that is what is killing me. I don't want to drive the car anymore in risk of blown this motor. I do not have a Fuel pressure regulator yet! I do have the regulator but i want to know

1. what to set it at.

2. What boost can i put it at with stock internals.
(something safe not wanting to push the motor limits.)

3. where to install the regulator on this motor

Any help would be great

Thanks

·
Banned
262 Posts
You should buy a fuel pressure guage. Look at what your fuel pressure is at. Then put in the fuel pressure regulator. And then make sure you set it back to whre it was before. And then you can raise it up some. But your besst bet is to get some type of engine management, and put the car on a dyno, or get a wideband.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See it has not been tuned yet. But this is how things happened.

Car ran fine then where the oil line was tapped into the motor. it started leaking i custom made a set up for the stock oil gauge and the autometer oil gauge ( the stock gauge is just the normal little oil light i preffer monitoring it better then that. That is why the autometer is there.)

Anyways car ran flawless. yeah need to tuned without a doubt. But ran fine. after i fixed that problem i was going to put the gauge on the AEM fuel rail thats there. But the bolt i got was the wrong one. so I couldn't make it work so I waited but when i took the car out for a spin. it would not go past 4k which on the boost gauge it was set at 0 never went over. I first thought oil line. But like vtec going out it still allows the engine to go this just cuts it out.

Im running hondata. But just stuck i want to get the car running right so i can go dyno tune but i need it to make it there. lol

So far thanks on the advice so far. Im stuck tryin to find the right bold to get the gauge into the fuel rail unless you guys have another place to put it. I wished someone here had pics of thier fuel pressure reg and gauge so i can figure out how to do this.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i feel you on that. sucks part is its 123miles away sucks ass for price. but i agree time and money in that motor not worth it.

Again thouh if anyone has a fuel pressure reg and gauge can you instruct me on where to put and some pics so i can atleaast ge that done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.