Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get a K20A and tranny
R&D stroker kit 2.0 to 2.5 high CP
Toda engine kit:cams, cam gears, valve springs and etc....
RC 550cc injectors
AEM fuel rail
AEM CAI
Comptech race header
hondadata KPRO
HKS Hi Power catback
upgraded cooling system
Excedy clutch, flywheel and a short shifter
And some brand of slicks
in a EP3 and what should it run? 10s maybe....

Do you like this idea? tell me what you think. Cause I think this idea is badass

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys and girls i need some input! The cost for this would be around 15k but would it be worth it or should i go FI?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats a better platform to build a K20A motor on? DC2, EK9, EG, CRX or a Delsol. Cause I want to race at the high school drags. so I got to buy one of these now cause I'm turnin 16 next month and I'm on a tight buget.
I would really be thankful for just one person to reply. THANKS!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Big_EP3Hatch said:
Whats a better platform to build a K20A motor on? DC2, EK9, EG, CRX or a Delsol. Cause I want to race at the high school drags. so I got to buy one of these now cause I'm turnin 16 next month and I'm on a tight buget.
EK9, if you want big numbers go FI. You probably wont see 10's out of that setup, maybe 11' s. When you stroke the motor you lose the streetability of it aswell.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Big_EP3Hatch said:
... To tell you the truth kid, the way you want to start out driving is not good. From what I can tell you barley know anything about k-series this is not for newbies, just because you hear how good it is you want one.

You saying tight budget? hah just from that K-series is not for you, B-series is fine, before any of this k-series stuff was out it was all about the B's.

16 years old. Where do you live to get liscence at that age?

When I was, that young I was really stupid.

Ek9 for big HP numbers? WTF would you say that werd.

Best car for a k-series hybrid is the integra or the 92-95 civics.

Also, stop making these stupid post, or I will delete them

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was just an idea! jeez no need to burst my bubble but thanks for the tips and ideas C-ZERO your cool

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Big_EP3Hatch said:
Get a K20A and tranny
Toda engine kit:cams, cam gears, valve springs and etc....
RC 550cc injectors
AEM fuel rail
AEM CAI
Comptech race header
hondadata KPRO
HKS Hi Power catback
upgraded cooling system
Excedy clutch, flywheel and a short shifter
And some brand of slicks

Do you like this idea? tell me what you think. Cause I think this idea is badass
http://www.rddyno.com/prod/k_series.shtml
$5,000 for just your stroker kit.
http://todaracing.com/products/honda_k20a/engine_kit.html
$2,350 Toda Racing Engine Kit
http://hondata.com/kprorelease.html
$995 Hondata K-Pro
$300 for Toda Engine Kit Flash CD-Rom from Toda Racing
$3,000 for the rest of the stuff.
$3,000 for an EG which is the cheapest of the choices you posted.
$14,000-$15,000 for just parts and a car... WITHOUT labor.
Big_EP3Hatch said:
Your 15... get a clue tool bag newbie. Research, get a job and make some money before you go around wanting everything because you heard and read about the new wave of the future.
-Jalal

·
Registered
599 Posts
Big_EP3Hatch said:
Get a K20A and tranny

You will want a K24 block to stroke to 2.5.

EP3s are heavy, you'll need 350+hp and lighten the car considerably to achieve 10s.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but that would be a tough row to hoe.

brian g

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to get an teg and save for the swap. but i'm going to get to know B series and I got a job! I make 12$ an hour. I'm a stump grinder and its better then workin at Mc D's for 5.50 an hour. Just dreamin about the motor swap. I just started my reseach a couple days ago so don't get all pissed off at me. Me and my friends and my sister are helpin with the swap as soon as i get every thing and it is very rare to find a girl like my sister that wants to work on cars.I'm just like any other newbie out there that wants the best parts for there car. so give me a break.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Big_EP3Hatch said:
EG is the best chassis for K series and drag racing.

brian g

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Big_EP3Hatch said:
It was just an idea! jeez no need to burst my bubble but thanks for the tips and ideas C-ZERO your cool
OK I decided to stop bagging on you, get AoL instant messenger and IM me, my name is ReflectivDreams and I will clarify more on the K-series for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
c-zero how long does it take to download? and do I have to have an e-mail there?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like the downloading is not going any were did yours do the same thing? cause i'm getting pissed off!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is done and I loged in but there saying their something wrong on the server so they closed it. WTF!!!

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Big_EP3Hatch said:
I'm going to get an teg and save for the swap. but i'm going to get to know B series and I got a job! I make 12$ an hour. I'm a stump grinder and its better then workin at Mc D's for 5.50 an hour. Just dreamin about the motor swap. I just started my reseach a couple days ago so don't get all pissed off at me. Me and my friends and my sister are helpin with the swap as soon as i get every thing and it is very rare to find a girl like my sister that wants to work on cars.I'm just like any other newbie out there that wants the best parts for there car. so give me a break.
First of all welcome to k20a.org
I really like your enthusiasm. After reading your rensponses, you reminded me of that porsche 911 turbo video, where it talks about how boring life would be if we all drove the same car....... and ends with the phrase...

Cheers to the dreamers!!!

That's what I wanted to tell you... Dream big and you will do fine in your life.

Sure the can crush you and kill you. They can lay you out on Forty-second and Broadway and put the hoses on you and flush you in the sewers and put you ony the subway and carry out to Coney Island and bury you on the Ferris Wheel. but I refuse to sit here and worry about dying.

:)

·
Registered
285 Posts
C-Zero said:
16 years old. Where do you live to get liscence at that age?

When I was, that young I was really stupid.

Ek9 for big HP numbers? WTF would you say that werd.

Best car for a k-series hybrid is the integra or the 92-95 civics.

Also, stop making these stupid post, or I will delete them
well down here in NC you can get your license(limited) at 16, permit at 14.

you can get a eg for around $1500 with high miles; but you will swap the motor out anyways.

like you ep3hatch, i am aslo swapping the k-motor into my car; a ek(not yet though), but take it slowly; when you try to get everything for your car quickly you will be broke at some point. its better to work your way and figure what you can afford. also do a little more research; you'll regret spending a lot of money on one part to find out it wont work with your setup. btw how do you get a job as a stump grinder at the age of 15?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My dads friend at church saw how hard i work so he decided to hire me and picks me up until i get my licence. Its easy work if you like lifting big stumps and useing chain saws, wood chipper and of course a stump grinder.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts