Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a k24a in a 05 em2 civic coupe I recently got an rsx type s downpipe and rsx base model dc sport headers welded together. But now my oem sway bar won't fit because the downpipe is in the way so the headers won't mount all the way in correctly. Only fits if sway bar is removed. Wanna know what sway bar I can run or if I need to get one custom fab. Was wondering If an rsx sway bar would work? too.

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,141 Posts
I have recently purchased a Progress 27mm front sway bar for $100 used, practically mint. I have heard of good reviews on this sway bar and aftermarket headers. The problem for some suspension set-ups is this bar is solid heavy and has zero give. I have also heard of decent reviews on the 05-06 Type S front sway bar - hollow 26.4mm front sway bar. In the world of Honda engineering and design the 05-06 Type S 21mm rear solid bar is designed to work with it.

And actually what I just said has no bearings b/c you ar asking for header fitments. I was trying to give food for thought as to what may or may not happen to help keep a balanced suspension and steering application & feel. Progress has a 22mm and 24mm rear sway bar. To answer your question better, I would check over on www.clubrsx.com.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts