Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the new rsx type s motor has a different ecu etc.. What I really want to know is:

Will a 2002 rsx type s engine harness and ECU will work with a 2005 motor without major wiring modifications? What needs to be changed?

Hondata in their 2005 dyno mentioned that

The 05 ECU was replaced with a jumper harness and 04 ECU with K-Pro and then tuned.

What is this jumper harness?

Thank you,

Nikos

·
Registered
414 Posts
The jumper harness is similar to an obd2-obd1 conversion harness..It's just a little section of harness..on one side are female plugs for the 2005 rsx ecu plugs to plug into,and on the other side are male plugs,to plug into the 2004- ecu.The ecu plugs/pinouts for the 2005+ rsx is different,the jumper changes pin location of certain wires..say if a certain sensor met with the ecu at plug "B" ,pin location 18,but on the '04- that sensor was at ecu plug "A" ,pin 10,the extra section of wire would allow for different placement of sensor wire at the ecu.

The '04- harness will fit the new engine,but I havent had a chance to thoroughly go over an '05 engine,so some sensors may be different.I am not 100% sure about this yet.

I am going to the dealership today though,and will look over the engine bay of the '05,and see if I can go through an '05 service manual.

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
11sec CR-X said:
Isnt the 05 running the TSX /Accord type tranny mounting...???
last i heard they are. i think it's because honda trying to minimize cost by using one cast for all their k trannies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.