Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have been doing a lot of research for a swap for my EK coupe. I have decided that Im definitely going with the Kseries, but Im not sure about K20, K24, or a frank K24 with the K20 Type R head and tranny. NEways, I want to save up a lot of money, 10g's or so, so that I can do the swap right and get a few nice little treats like a Hytech header and such. My question is, what would be anyone's opinion on prices of swaps around next year? Will they go down because the engines will be more readily available and the swap will be easier because of more readily available parts, or will they go up b/c the demand will probably be higher? I plan on building the crap outta the engine to make it even more sexy, like pistons, and rods, and port/polishing, valvetrain, and all that sexy expensive stuff, so I kinda wanna budget well. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
K20 swaps are going to go up or at least stay the same.. No way prices are going down.

K20a r swaps, used to go for around $5000 shipped... Now they are selling with no problem at 5800-6000 even more...

The reason is simple... Look around... b18c type r swaps from Japan are selling still for $5500... A new motor that makes more power by far, should be worth more than just $300.... That is as far as the JDM k20a swaps..

Type s swaps are sold for around $3500-$4000... I have also seen them at $5000 because a lot of people do not know what these motorss are worth so on ebay sometimes people will pay that much because they want a k20a in their old honda and they have heard it is expensive to do that swap so they think that is OK...

10K is too much to do the swap.. You can do it for 6K if you look hard and do the work on your own..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok i have a hook up on motors so i can get a k20 for super cheap. but do you think i could buy all the parts to get a ek coupe ready for a swap for 3k thats does not include the price of the motor...

·
Registered
80 Posts
racer034life said:
Ok i have a hook up on motors so i can get a k20 for super cheap. but do you think i could buy all the parts to get a ek coupe ready for a swap for 3k thats does not include the price of the motor...

what kind of deals can you get for a k20? i am interested in buyin one from you if you let me know some details.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I purchased my swap from insurance company. If you know anyone in the automobile sales business good chance there license will get them in a salvage auction where there are always wrecked, tboned, rsx-s. I purchased mine from copart.com similar type of thing have to be a dealer. There are usually 30-50 rsx-s some modded...that are totaled on there at a given time. I bought my whole car hit in the ass for 3500. Then after parting it out ended up with nothing in it really. Also good because you have all of the little parts you need to do it. So there is some insite how to do it cheap if you have time and know people.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ExZaCc said:
what kind of deals can you get for a k20? i am interested in buyin one from you if you let me know some details.
I have a few friends with in the business of wrecked cars and what not. But they dont like selling motors cause thats time that dont want to waste. They sell alot of body parts and stuff to body shops so the motors just get sold to who ever. So thats how im getting my motor. But If i can do the whole swap for 4500 or less then i may do it.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.